ii. the pink dread

MOTHER'S DAUGHTER

❝the Stranger shall never take me❞

the Stranger shall never take me

✵✵✵

Vysemera had stayed with her brothers until her mother returned for them, with the babe in her arms and their father in tow. "Can we meet the baby?" Luke had said excitedly as he was most excited for the fact he had not been the youngest of them all. "Careful" Laenor said as he made sure the children could not harm the newborn babe as Vysemera watched her mother sit down on the sofa with the help of ser Harwin. "I am sorry, mother" she said as she looked to her mother who looked confused. "Aegon was waiting with me, I didn't think he might tell the Queen anything" Vysemera said as Harwin placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Oh, my sweet, I do not think Aegon has done anything as he is on his way to the Dragonpit where you all should be going as well" she said as she looked to her sons. "What is the babes name?" Jacaerys asked before he readied himself to leave for the Dragonpit. "Joffrey" Laenor said as Vysemera had to refrain from scrunching her nose the name of her new brother. "We found an egg for Joffrey, mother" Jace said as he turned to his mother who smiled. "That looks like the perfect one" Rhaenyra said as she gave them a smile before Laenor handed the babe to Harwin. "Now, come on, time to go to the Dragonpit" he said as he pushed them all out the room as Vysemera placed a kiss on her mother's cheek before she joined her brothers.

Prince Aemond had been the only one among the Targaryen-Velaryon children to not possess a dragon egg, at least the ones in King's Landing as Lady Rhaena had not yet possessed a dragon either although she did try. Vysemera had often asked her mother if she could send an egg to the Lady. Her cousin.

But it had not stopped Aemond from joining his nephews and brother to the Dragonpit as Vysemera had joined them as well. Valyria had grown to the size of Syrax had been when she was a young she-dragon, larger than most dragons of her age, and the only one larger had been Sunfyre who had been said to be a few years older. "Prince Jacaerys, it's time to learn to command Vermax" the Dragonkeeper said as Vysemera stood between Luke and Aegon as she watched as the small green dragon was brought out. Vermax looked like a true reptile and sometimes Vysemera was of the opinion Vermax looked somewhat like Caraxes, which was not too out of tone as the Dragonkeepers said Caraxes had been fond of Syrax whenever the Blood Wyrm had been in King's Landing.

Vysemera watched as Vermax was commanded by her brother, not responding immediately like Valyria did to her but Vermax and Jacaerys had been younger. "Be firm, my Prince, like Sunfyre and Aegon" the Dragonkeeper said as he looked to the Prince as he nodded and looked to Vermax again. "Stay, Vermax" Jacaerys said, straightening himself and looking to the ill-tempered dragon as Vermax finally obeyed Jacaerys. "Well done Jace!" Luke said as he praised his brother before they brought out a sheep. "Stay Vermax" Jacaerys said again as Vermax wished to attack the sheep before he said anything. "Can I say it now?" Jace asked the Dragonkeeper as Vermax finally settled down. The Dragonkeeper nodded and Jace smiled before looking to Aegon and Vysemera.