Insecurities

Disclaimer: I don't own Alice in Wonderland.
'Thoughts'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bloody big head!" Hatter yelled.

"Crazy lunatic!"

"Enough!" Queen Mirana yelled.

The others stared at the two. Hatter had stopped hiding himself away. He began having tea parties again. They were having a tea party at the castle when Iracebeth barged into the room looking smug. She told them all that Alice was getting married. Well she told Hatter in the presence of the other.

The Hatter didn't react like she expected. He smiled and said good for her. He was happy that she was happy.

That had obviously not been what she wanted since she frowned. It changed to a smirk and told him that Alice didn't want him because he wasn't good enough. Too crazy and disgusting to be good enough for anyone.

Everyone stared at her in shock. Hatter on the other hand glared. His eyes turned red and he began yelling. Now that the queen had yelled his eyes returned to normal and he calmed down.

"Iracebeth-"

Her sister interrupted. "What?"

"You are being awful."

"I-"

"What is your problem?" Cheshire asked as Hatter snuck off. "Hatter hasn't said or done anything to you."

"He is the reason my crown broke and then he laughed at me."

"He didn't break your crown and when he laughed at that it had been years ago!" Molly yelled.

"You took his whole family from him as revenge." Hatter's mother said.

"He helped Alice kill my Jabberwocky." She reminded them.

"We all did." Her sister said. "You had taken over the throne and beheaded people."

"He-"

"Enough!" Mirana yelled.

"But-"

"No buts. You leave Tarrant alone."

Cheshire used his powers to sneak away. He needed to get away from the bloody big head and wanted to check on Hatter. He found him just outside the castle.

"Ches?" He looked at his friend.

"Yes Hatter?"

"Am I crazy and disgusting?"

"No. That bitch just wanted a reaction and when you weren't upset about Alice she said that."

"Then why did Alice leave me?"

"She had her family to think about and she wasn't the right one for you."

"You're just saying that." He left.

Cheshire watched him leave. He was sad and angry. Sad that his friend thought so little of himself. He was angry at Iracebeth and at Alice.

"I wish you knew that I wasn't just saying it. I really like you Tarrant."

As a breeze came the Cheshire cat disappeared. He and the Mad Hatter failed to realize that Fate had plans for them.

Time stared at his sister in concern. She had come to visit and the look she was sporting was not good. It meant she was meddling and he hoped it wasn't him in her sights.