Not your boots

You quietly sigh.

You're currently sitting in the livingroom of an animatronic.

You never though such a thing would happen.

But since you're nineteen and an only child, your parents want you to inherit their business once they retire at some point, so they brought you along for an attempt at buying the property you are currently on.

The thing is though, they are definitely not succeeding.

They've attempted to buy this large amount of land from the one who owns it. And the one who owns it happens to be a 'very stubborn good for nothing animatronic.' Your parents words.

You'd call them, someone who knows what they want and knows who to not give stuff to.

Though you are kind of being confused by the fact that literally every time you're parents are closing their eyes or looking away, the animatronic switches their gaze to you.

You then snap out of your thoughts as your father says a sentance that makes you wince. 

"Well, we believe a land this big should belong to someone more...organic"

You see the orange optics that the animatronic has twitch and almost switch to pitch black before going back to the normal bright orange.

OKAY you're out now, you're going outside.

Not like anyone will notice you leave...ok maybe the animatronic will, but you doubt they'd tell your parents that you left, that animatronic really seems to be holding back a few certain words of hatred.

You slowly get up before quietly going over to the door, then going through.

You look around curiously. 

You weren't able to get a good look before your parents dragged you inside.

The grass is very green, seeming to be well taken care of, and has several wild flowers in it. More than you've ever seen in a yard before.

You hear sounds of creatures like sheep, chicken, and cows, as well as an unfamiliar smell. You've never actually been to a farm before, and you're guessing that the smell is coming from the creatures.

You look at the barn before looking at the ground surrounding it.

The ground is covered in mud and...probably a certain other thing.

Sure, you are feeling some ick feelings about it, but you'd probably still go through it to go see the animals...if you werent wearing new shoes that your mother would absolutly shout at you for mucking up.

You sigh.

You wanted to at least see the animals.

You huff before looking around, then quickly pausing as you see something. Beside the porch, you can see a big pair of boots.

Definitely not your size, but definitely would work.

You dont want to steal, but......it should be fine, you wont use them for long, you'll put them right back after you're done looking at the animals.

You then slowly tip toe over to the boots and go to grab them.

Before you can even touch them, you suddenly hear a voice behind you.

"What are you doing?"

You flinch with a soft gasp before quickly whipping around to find another tall animatronic, hunched over you, a yellow toned brown face close to yours.