TWO. nothing new

     ALEENA LAID in her bed as the time continued to tick

That was the most that she, Riley, and Maya had ever interacted, like ever. She wasn't quite fond of it either.

It wasn't a positive conversation from either party and yet, it was all Aleena could think about for the night.

How did she end up here? How did she, of all people, end up having not just one, but two full on conversations with both Maya and Riley?

And why was Maya so... God, Aleena couldn't even come up with words to describe how or what Maya Hart was.

Maya didn't even know the girl and yet, Aleena knew everything and more, too much even. And yet, right off the bat, Maya knew that she didn't like Aleena and for what?

Aleena heavily sighed and rolled over on her side as she tried to find a way to sleep knowing that she would be stuck in history class with Maya, Riley and their gang for the next year and possibly more.

Aleena rolled over once more, switching from left to right as she opened her eyes and saw the moonlight peeking through her blinds.

Aleena liked the moon. She liked the stars. She liked that they could live in harmony and shine together.

That's all that Aleena wanted.

To shine just like the others.

     ALEENA WOKE up the next morning, just like she had the day prior, and made her way to school. She met up with Charlie outside the school and the two of them enter the building.

The same routine they had since middle school, something that was consistent between the two friends as they continued their very short journey to Aleena's locker.

That same routine led them into History with Mr. Matthews and the class watched as he scribbled the word 'massacre' on the board.

"Why massacre?" Marly asked. "Why you got massacre up there? Why can't you just teach us names and dates?"

A strong, but silent agreement had lingered in the air as Mr. Matthews addressed her.

"Marly Evans and what she learns today! That's the name and date I care about. All of you and right now, are you listening to me?"