𝟎𝟎𝟐. A FIRST IMPRESSION

☁︎ .₊ ✧ ‹𝟹 🕊 ˝
CHAPTER TWO,      a first impression.

LIKE THEY SAY, FIRST
IMPRESSIONS LEAVE AN IMPACT.

:ִ ࣪𖤐 VAGGIE STOOD BEFORE the imposing although undeniably beautiful form of Celestine Nemy Angeline

:ִ ࣪𖤐 VAGGIE STOOD BEFORE the imposing although undeniably beautiful form of Celestine Nemy Angeline. Not that the younger woman knew that, considering no one knew what the overlord looked like (Celestine often found amusement in seeing what little concoctions hellborns and sinners alike managed to think up about her appearance).

"Who are you?" The moth-haired woman questioned, her shoulders tensing so much that they rounded near where her ears would've been if she were human. However, her words came out as more of a demand than a question if anything. Something that would have made Celestine irritated if she wasn't trying to make a good impression of herself.

Celestine took note that this younger woman, who looked far too much like an angel exorcist for her comfort, had her guard put up in that moment. So she was careful with her words to make sure she didn't potentially scare her away.

"I'm Celestine Nemy Angeline, darling." Celestine answered truthfully in a delicate tone, smiling softly at the slightly shorter woman.

Vaggie's singular eye widened. She's heard the stories attached to that name plenty of times to know that this woman would bring nothing but trouble to the doorsteps of the hotel.

Noticing Vaggie's shock, Celestine spoke up. "I was wondering if I could have the pleasure of speaking to Charlie Morningstar, darling. Is she available?"

"Yeah sorry but no—"

Before Vaggie could finish, she was sent flying away from the door with an abrupt shove and was replaced with the figure of a man who was roughly Celestine's height, slightly taller even.

The man leaned against a mic decorated with an eyeball as if it were a cane, a golden toothed grin adorning his features. His eyes were a bloody red, similar to Celestine's, although they held more of a sinister glimmer to them. A red-tinted monocle was situated on his face and he wore a crisp red suit that matched his hair, two ears sitting atop his head along with small sharp stubs for horns that made him look much like a deer.

"I'm terribly sorry for allowing such an ill-mannered persona to answer your call for assistance!" The demon spoke with a classical mannerism to him, his voice pronounced by the radio static that had a certain charm to it. It resembled that of a radio host, dignified and clear. His red eyes inspected Celestine, taking in her appearance. She seemed quite familiar. "And who might you be, my dear?"

Celestine smiled once more, swayed by this demon's manners and charm. "I'm Celestine Nemy Angeline. Pleasure to meet you."

"Why, the pleasure is all mine!" The deer-like demon grinned, his words seeming quite genuine as he lifted Celestine's hand to press a featherlight kiss to the back of her palm. "I'm Alastor, the radio demon! I'm sure I'll be able to find you the assistance you desire, Miss Angeline."