Level 23

Arjun and Maya looked adorable, a tear rolled down Sakthi's eyes. 

" I wish you were with your father..." Sakthi mumbled to herself, it was just a few seconds then she wiped her tears and entered the room. 

She already had spoken with the doctor, she planned to drop them at their home and go back. 

" Arav... Arjun..." She shook them up. 

" Sakthi..." Arjun mumbled and extended his hand. Sakthi held his hand. 

" How are you feeling, Arjun?"

" No, improvement!" He said dejected. 

" Just take rest for a few days, you will be alright!" She gave him some confidence. 

" I hope so!" 

" Okay, let's go. I will drop you guys..." Sakthi said to them gesturing Arav to pack their belongings. 

Maya was still asleep, so Sakthi carried her to the car while Arav helped Arjun to the car. 

While Sakthi drove the car, Arav sat in the passenger seat with Maya while Arjun sat at the back. Soon they reached home with Arav, Arjun and Sakthi kept speaking about business as they didn't want to be in awkward silence. 

" Come inside, please" Arav and Arjun insisted she comes inside. 

When they entered there sat Rajveer Kashyup their father on the living room couch reading something on his tablet. 

" Dad!" Arav called his father who turned and looked at them with a frown. 

" What happened? Why are you holding Arjun?" He asked Arav as Arjun looked weak to him. 

" Nothing big, Dad let me explain, but first you should welcome Sakthi she has come to our home for the first time..." Arjun said as Arav made him sit on the couch. 

" Oh, I am sorry Sakthi! Welcome! I've been trying to talk to Arjun since morning but this idiot is not letting me and now he looks weak..." Welcoming her, he scolded Arav. 

" That's fine Mr. Kashyup." She smiled.

" Come take a seat...  What would you like to drink? Tea, coffee or juice?" 

" Water would be fine." She said and sat next to Arjun.

Then Arav explained what had happened to Arjun and everything he knew. Rajveer got angry and started yelling at Arav and Arjun for not informing him. 

" How irresponsible you are Arav, why didn't you tell us?" 

Ruhanika and Meera heard everything and arrived in the living room. 

Meera (Arjun's mom)  looked at Sakthi who sat near Arjun with a kid in his shoulder, it disturbed her. 

" You should have informed us right, Arav?" Ruhanika asked. 

" Yes, what are you thinking, Arav? You didn't inform us but you informed some third person, you have no sense of respect..." Meera yelled. 

Arav laughed painfully hearing them. 

" She? Third person? I have no sense of respect, wow! If you loved him even a pinch you would have asked where he is. He was not home for two days, where did you go? Did you ask where he was? Oh, did you even know he was not home for the last two days? No! Then you are acting like you care? You called her third person right? This third person is the one who found your son on the round and helped him staying for there for the whole night. Please stop this nonsense leave us alone!" Arav yelled at Ruhani Meera 

With the sound Maya woke up scared. 

" Mummaa..."  

" Nothing baby, Arav is scolding his mummy not to eat ice cream." Sakthi consoled her. 

" Really, Junnu?" Maya asked Arjun. 

" Yes, princess. Okay, tell me what you want to eat?" Arjun asked trying to change her mind. 

" I want... Hmm... Paneer Briyaniiiiiii...." She said excitedly. 

" No, no! You guys should sort it out, we will leave now. Let's meet another time..." Sakthi interrupted. 

" Paneer Briyani it is! You guys are staying for dinner..."  Rajveer said without any room for discussion. 

" Ram..." Rajeev yelled for his kitchen staff. 

" Make Paneer Briyani for this little Angel. Come let's go see What else Ram uncle can make for us..." Rajeev first said to Ram and continued with Maya as he took Maya from Arjun and they walked towards the kitchen. 

" Arav, show Sakthi our guestroom and let her freshen up
..." Arjun said to Arav who nodded and took her to the guestroom. 

" Arjun, how are you?" Ruhani who was silent all this time asked him. 

" I am fine Ruhani, I would accept anything thrown at me but not at our guests. Not at Maya or Sakthi please make sure your mother knows this..." Arjun warned and called for his helper asking him to take him near Maya and Rajveer knowing Maya is not comfortable with strangers. 

Then the evening went pleasant Arjun's mom Meera didn't attend the dinner while Ruhani just smiled at Sakthi and didn't speak much.

After dinner, everyone came out to send off Sakthi and Maya, while Arjun requested Sakthi to drop off Maya tomorrow before leaving the office as she was the only solace he had. 

Sakthi was hesitant after seeing his mother's behaviour today, but Rajeev convinced her saying that either he or Arav would be with Arjun needn't be scared. After which Sakthi agreed. 

The next few days went merrily with Arjun's family growing bond with Maya of course which was not liked by Meera. Rajeev was Maya's Ice cream Thatha(Grandpa), Aarav was Maya's Aaruu, and Ruhanika was Maya's Ruhi Athai (Mami or aunt). 

Though  Ruhani was not very vocal with Sakthi but she always welcomed her, with Maya she had bought some dresses for her and also designed matching pendants for Maya and Arjun. 

Everything was good until that evening,  the family was crazily in love with Maya. She was like a newly found lake in the desert. 

Arjun had gradually gotten back his sight from blurry image to clear.  

Maya was running around the living room with Aarav on his toes, the room was filled with toys and sets, while Arjun was cooking Maya's favourite Garlic white sauce pasta. 

" Baby!! Stop there, I will buy you ice cream..." Arav ran behind her. 

"NOOOO! NOO! Junnu and Thatha will buy me ice cream, you are a loser you cannot catch me..." She giggled and ran around. 

" Ahh!" 

"Ouch!" 

Maya ran into someone. 

Guess who?

***************************************************************************

Well guess who and comment down, I will dedicate the next chapter to you ;>

The next chapter is under construction (Uh, I mean I am typing it already) I will try to publish it this evening or as soon as possible

I promise the next chap is not a filler. 

Vote and comment 

byeeeeeeeeeeeee