Level 28

Sakthi was working in the laboratory, her project has been kept confidential except for some higher officials and Srinivas. For some unknown reason, she doesn't have any assistants for her project. With all the other works her project has been lagging and people keep suggesting she have a Junior research fellow but she doesn't take the advice.

Her lab has a receptionist as all the signals are blocked inside the lab so if there is any emergency anyone has to contact the receptionist, she is the one who does cleaning also but only when Sakthi is present.

Her receptionist is an accountant who has no idea what's happening inside, the lab's doors are locked with high security the whole floor is her's so she has a security to watch over.

Though many wondered what she was working on and rumours have been spread that she was working on a project supported by DRDO (Defence research and development organization) but nothing is cofirmed.

Arjun had returned his office, he was feeling guilty for his dad and brother who has been constant support even when tgey don't know anything about him, now that Sakthi opened all his life them they took care of his feeling extra carefully which again guilt tripped him.
Staying with Maya made him stable and he believed no one but Sakthi when she said Yaazhini was alive.

Now they were walking inside the laboratory, which no one had entered other than Sakthi and her receptionist.

" I heard no one has ever entered here, then why do you want me to come?" Arjun asked curiously.

When he first had a tieup with them, he had enquired about her and her projects. She had other projects too, which were mostly funded by government. She had guideship so she had several research fellows and few doctorate students but this project had nothing, no information. At that time he just ignored thinking it could be come government projects.

But now he was genuinely curious.

" It's not like that, I mean sometime cleaners, my receptionist and sometimes biomedical engineers they vist my laboratory when I am present and don't worry you are nothing special you are coming here as biomedical engineer as you are going repair my incubator." She laughed at him.

" eh! I was feeling special for a minute!" He rolles his eyes.

"Come on, come inside and do your work!" She said as she opened the door.

Arjun looked around in amusement as the lab was well euiped. He admired the lab for whole 5 minutes.

" Which one?" Asked Arjun seeing both CO2 and normal incubator.

" Here..."  He turned towards Sakthi who was pointing to a chair guesturing  him to be quiet.

" Huh!" He was confused, she once again squeezed her eyes and asked him to silent.

" I hate this incubator this version seems to be bad..." She continued still guesturing him to be quiet and take a seat there.

" Wait, let me see!" He played along with her.

Sakthi took a sheet of paper and wrote down.

《 I know you are confused but keep speaking as if you are repairing it or some random talks. Someone is monitoring us.. 》

《What do you mean》" Arjun wrote down.

《 Yes, someone is monitoring our speech and moves each and every minute. But here no one can monitor our action bit just our voice so lets talk through notes but keep speaking random  things!》 Sakthi wrote down.

( Writing part are enclosed within 《》)

" What is age of the incubatore?"

" just two yaar! But see its useless!"

《 But how are they doing it? I mean does it happen everywhere? Or just in your places?》

《NO! Someone has planted device inside my body I had undergone a surgery after returning from Germany it happened after that, though I traced the device coincidently in Paris but I have to act as if I am not aware as to not alert them. 》

《 This is freaking me out! How the hell? What is happening around us?》

《 There are manythings that is happening around us, I am sorry I can't tell about that yet. But please trust me in the whole process and I promise you I will return Yaazhini to you》

" Sakthi, can you please help me wash it?"

" Sure!"

《 This is confusing!》

《 I know! I know, in the whole process I am going to lie many times and please cooperate  with me. I can't reveal manythings now but please believe me! There is someone who wants to harm us and I don't know who it is, so I have to be cautious about. You are the first one I am confessing this to, keep it a secret for me and never let the talk out of your mouth》

《 But why are you telling all this to me?》

《 Because I trust you! And I want you to take care of things if something happens me, please take care of us, will you?》

《 Of course! 》 He gugged her as tears rolled down her eyes.

Even Arjun was stressed hearing all these, how much will a women go through, single parent, doesn't know where her husband and sister are, business pressure, research pressure, with all this she has to fight with unknown demons blindly when they are recording each and evwry word of hers.

He understood she has no one to trust and no one to lean on, she has put a strong facade to hide her weakness.

He promised within himself.

I promise you Yaazhi I will protect Sakthi and Maya and will never let anything happen to them. This is my responsibility and they are my family. When I find you they will be safe with me!

" Sakthi, I guess it will not workout I will replace it myself tomorrow, don't you worry!"

" I am not paying for it" She said nonchalantly.

" Yeah, yeah! I am not even asking the consultation fee..." Arjun said in the same tone.

《 What about this lab? Why is this a secret?》

《 I am working on a strain, I don't know what is the result but I am characterizing the bacteria. This is the reason for my family's misery. I don't what my mother had identified in this but it must be something that made them kill us. It was the same group who kidnapped you, it is something related to pharma industry. I am trying my best study all the enzymatic activity but until now I couldn't find anything novel. And I don't have enough time to work in lab.》

《 But how did you get the strain after your mother died?》

《 The culture was preserved in culture preservation centre, and was maintained by mom's best friend. You remember Sakthivel Bhatia? He is the one! That is why I am moving these things secretly, keep it within yourself. One word about this our whole family will be done. Yaazhini knew all about this that is why they are sereaching for her. They think they killed her. But onethinng I am sure about is, 'that' someone is very close to us and he will not do anything to us untill be believes that we do not know about this strain》

After few minutes of silence and pondering they exited the lab after locking it 

Then there was no words exchanged about this as they know, no words could be shared freely.

**************************************

Short one I know. I am done with my exams I will try my best to update more chapters.

And please comment what you feel about the story because I am not sure how it is going or where I wanna improve.

Is it interesting?

Anyway thank you for reading

Vote and comment byeeee