Left Behind: Where are You?

"Morty, duck!"

I shoved Morty's head down before he could get his brains blown out.

"Geez, thanks, (Y/N)."

"Don't mention it."

It was a blood bath.

The alarms blared— I gripped my blaster— heart pounding in my chest. Explosions light up the void around me as a face I had grown to know swarmed me like enraged wasps. I move with precision, firing lasers and dodging incoming fire.

"Morty, ten o'clock!"

"I'm not a space vet, (Y/N)! I don't know what that means!"

I pulled him back behind a piece of crumbled debris, the shots of the offense vibrated by back through the ricochet of blasting the rock.

I reached over the debris to return fire, "Think of it as a clock. Twelve is in front of you, six is behind you, nine is to your left, and three is to your right. That information is important if you wanna survive this."

"Oh geez, (Y/N). That's a lot of information. Can't you say left?"

"Would you rather me use degrees?!" I sarcastically asked, watching my laser turn one of the many Rick's unibrow into two brows.

"Wait, where did our Rick go?" Summer took cover next to us.

"I-I don't know! I'm sure we'll meet up with him at some point," I could hear them coming closer. "I have a plan!"

I dropped a portal with his portal gun and we all fell through, hitting our asses on a metal floor.

"Shit, that's gonna leave a bruise," Summer whined as Morty stood up.

We looked around to see what looked like a vat of acid underneath, and countless Ricks fighting.

And in the midst—

"(Y/N)?!" Rick looked back at us before we all found cover together. "Where the fuck did you guys go?!"

"Summer had to take a fucking piss break!"

"Summer! You moron! I could've used your help like, ten minutes ago!"

"I wasn't gonna piss my pants, grandpa!"

"Got a plan wise guy?" I looked at Rick and he looked around.

"If we try to portal out of their barrier, we'll die. If we fight them, we'll probably die."

"The odds sure are high, huh?"

"Why did they have to kidnap us today of all days?!" Rick asked, pissed off.

"Aww, you're mad because we had a date tonight. How romantic!"

"Ew, guys!" Morty wretched. "We don't have time for this! We're gonna die!"

"No we're not," I jumped over the only thing that was keeping us safe, switching out my small hand gun for a semi-auto and started killing.