The Beginning

In the dusking rays of the sun at the roof of the hotel La Cocina sat the two of us, enjoying the moment.

"So...umm...why the last minute change?" Liam questioned.

I straightened. "I had plans for a blind date with a scientist. The idea made me nervous about meeting up with someone whom I had never seen nor met. A friend of mine was able to dig out his picture and sent it to me."

"And what is he like?"

I sighed. "More than disappointing. Looked more than half a century old."

Liam chuckled. "Well, I hope this alternative was better than that," he pointed on himself.

I rolled my eyes. "Why not Liam? I agree this is our second date and I have not known you for long, but as far as I can tell, you're a worthy date."

A smile spread across his face as he brought his arms across the table and clasped them around my palm. He looked into my eyes and said, "I really like you Ruby, I feel an unparalleled connection between the two of us. Do you feel the same?"

Honestly I had been at many dates before but I must agree, there was something eye catching about Liam. He was funny, optimistic, sweetheart and definitely a green flag. And most of all, he was not pervy even at our second date.

"Yes, I do Liam," I replied with honesty. "I do like you the way you are to me. If you remember, I had wanted to explore other potential partners as well." Liam nodded. "But after this second meet, I want to explore things within us, nobody else."

His eyes sparkled with joy as his palm's grip on mine got slightly tight but bearable. I smiled back at his joy but it appeared he was suddenly having a tensed expression.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's-it's...nothing," he sighed, taking his palm off mine. I creased my brows. Of course it was not nothing!

"Tell me," I said in a commanding tone.

"Can we...umm..." he hesitated. "Can I kiss you?"

I smiled and a chuckle left my mouth. He was very sweet.

I gave him a slight nod, to which he responded by getting up. I remained on my seat as he approached me and bent his face down. Looking deep into my eyes, he placed his palms against my cheek and moved his lips on to mine.

His mouth was warm and tasted of the cider which we had a moment ago. I had not known, but Liam was a really good kisser. It made me wanting more.

As I began making attempt from my side, a sudden nauseating feeling emerged inside me. Bile rose into my mouth and I puked out, some of which entered Liam's.

He moved away, his face spilled with my gut contents, all in green. His brows creased, he asked, "Was my kiss that bad?"

I shook my head in panick as I wrenched out more of the green content on the floor. I turned towards the food which I ate and saw the pancakes that I had ordered had turned into a pale green colour.

Liam took off immediately to the waiter who had served us and pushed him down our table using his collar.

"Tell me, what did you add in those pancakes?" Liam asked in an authorative tone. The frightened waiter immediately took out a small vial of green liquid from his pocket and gave it to Liam.

"Th-this was given to me by Doctor Craze and he paid me to add its contents into those pancakes."

I was shocked. Why would that scientist try to poison me?

"What is this chemical?" Liam asked the waiter to which he shook his head. "I-I don't know Sir, he never told me."

Angrily, Liam pushed the waiter away who fell on the floor and ran away. I quickly dialled the scientist's number and called.