•A stranger in a strange land•

Then, abruptly, the dizzying motion ceased, leaving me staggering as I tried to regain my bearings. Blinking rapidly, I  took in my surroundings—a vibrant marketplace bustling with people clad in attire straight out of a history book. The sights, sounds, and smells assaulted his senses, each one more overwhelming than the last.

Okay, this is definitely not the school cafeteria 

My voice echoed in the unfamiliar surroundings. I couldn't help but feel a surge of adrenaline coursing through my veins, mixing with equal parts excitement.

And most importantly- Confusion.

I glanced around, eyes widening with disbelief, taking in the scene before me. Merchants haggled loudly over goods, their voices blending into a cacophony of sound that filled the air. Exotic fabrics adorned stalls, their vibrant colors catching the sunlight in a dazzling display. The scent of spices hung heavy in the air, mingling with the aroma of freshly baked bread and roasting meats.

I took an awkward step forward, my sneakers feeling utterly out of place amidst the bustling crowd. I couldn't shake the feeling of being a fish out of water, a modern-day teenager thrust into a world that seemed ripped from the pages of a history textbook.

"Is this some kind of elaborate historical reenactment, or did I just win a one-way ticket to the past?" I muttered under my breath, as I stared in disbelief.

 I half expected someone to jump out from behind a stall, shouting, "Surprise!" But as I scanned the faces of the curious onlookers(rude), I  realized there would be no easy explanation for my sudden appearance in this strange new world.

My gaze darted from one person to another, searching for some sign of familiarity amidst the sea of unfamiliar faces. But all I found were curious glances and raised eyebrows, each one serving as a reminder of my status as a misplaced time traveler in a world that seemed both thrilling and terrifying all at once.