Chapter Five: Between the shelves

Isaac was on his way to meet Isabelle. As nervous as he felt, he was persistent to refuse any negotiation on that matter. There was no way he would take a step back. He didn't tell Paradise of their meeting, he was sure that Isabelle knew of the purchase, yet he didn't know where would their conversation take them.

Once he walked into the restaurant, a woman greeted him.

"Good afternoon Mr.Isaac" She said with a smile " Mrs. Isabelle is waiting for you there"

Isaac thanked her and walked to Isabelle's table.

Isabelle smiled lightly at the sight of him. A smile she gave to those she didn't like. Not that she didn't like Isaac as a person, he was a good boy, from a good family. But he wasn't a man that Isabelle could control, and he would never understand what Isabelle was trying to protect her family from. She knew how much he loved Paradise, so much that he would do anything blindly for her. She has seen that kind of love before, to do everything for the person you love without thinking. she knew how it usually ended.

"Good Afternoon" Isaac said taking a seat.

"Good afternoon Isaac." Isabelle watched him sitting down " Traffic is quite heavy today, it took me an hour on the way here"

"it was quite bad yes"

Isabelle was still looking at him with her smile " So what do you want to drink?" She tried to ease the mood.

"Thank you, I will just take water"

"OK" She exhaled " Let me get into it, I am sure you have other things to do at the moment"

Isaac raised his eyebrows listening attentively

"I came to know that you purchased a place. And I am sure it is part of your plan of moving Paradise out. Getting your own place, and living happily ever after together" Isabelle was waiting for him to comment but he was still looking as he knew there was more to come. " You remind me of David, Isaac. He was always a gentle man, ready to do anything and everything for the people he loves. And I see how much you love paradise, and I admire this love, I really do

And I know that you want to make her happy, and I know that you want to do everything she wants. And I know that Paradise could be quite demanding sometimes."

Isaac wasn't looking nervous as much as Isabelle hoped he would.

"And sometimes, loving too much can blind you from seeing the truth.I know how beautiful it is to imagine a house of your own, just you and her, and your own place. For so many years, I know that this is what Paradise wanted. But what she wants doesn't mean that it is what is the best for her. I can't agree on Paradise moving out Isaac."

"Mrs. Isabelle" Isaac said moving in his seat " My respect for you is infinite, however I don't think that such decision should be made by anyone other than me and Paradise"

Isabelle chuckled

"Have you ever spent more than one day with her Issac. She doesn't know what running a house mean, she never lifted a finger, everyone is around her to do everything for her.Marrige is much more than being in love, or saying sweet words to each other

I am saying this because I want you both to be happy. But if you took Paradise out of the system that she only know, she wouldn't know what to do. She has never stayed away from her family, she never did anything by herself. She will be lost, and miserable, and you will be miserable. She will be so caught up in everything. "

"That's not how it usually works Mrs.Isabelle" Isaac said and Isabelle felt the disrespect in his words "Paradise will have the same comfort she has now, and you know this very well.