story 2

When I was a child, my sister Allyra and I lived in a lovely little cottage house for a while. We enjoyed exploring the forest that was part of our backyard, climbing trees, and acting like monkeys. However, our favourite thing on the entire property was the ghost that lived with us. Of course, our parents never seemed to be aware of her presence; when we spoke to them about her, they simply said that we had an overactive imagination and that no one was there. It didn't matter since we knew she was real, Allyra even referred to her as our second mother since she was always so nice to us, the women even came outdoors to play with us in the woods. Every morning, when we woke up, we noticed there was always a glass of water available in case we became thirsty throughout the night we had guessed. She never failed to look out for our best interests, she even watched us play in the living room to make sure we never got hurt. She sat on a small rocking chair we had in the room's corner it was one of the few pieces of furniture the house had originally come with. The ghost only ever sat in that chair never another but she always pushed it to the centre of the living room. When our parents noticed that the chair had moved, they would always put it back into the corner and lecture us about it. They never seemed to listen when we explained that the women had pushed it in fact, our response only seemed to piss them off. We moved out of that place quickly, and the woman seemed very dejected as we did. Years after moving from the cottage to the city, Allyra and I became bored one day and decided to look through Dad's office. After going through a variety of boxes, we discovered a newspaper article about the original owner of the cottage. It showed a lady she was a widow, to be precise, and she looked just like the woman we treated as our second mother. The article described how the widow gradually lost her mind following the death of her husband. After giving a brief overview of the woman, the newspaper went on to describe how she poisoned the water of her two children after making sure they were dead she then walked to the living room and hung herself. The report featured a picture of the woman dangling from the ceiling with the rocking chair beneath her in the centre of the room.