1

୨୧*˚·

     THIS WASNT HOW (name) wanted to spend
mother's day. or well, anybody.

"w-wait, you're leaving me for the winter lodge?! it's the middle of spring!" the (hair color) haired huffed, blowing a lose strand of hair from her face as she crossed her arms across her chest.

her mother walked towards her, cupping the side of her face. "your father has been.. really through it. he needs a break as king." she shrugged, keeping her hand on her daughter's face.

with her sister rapunzel gone after going on an adventure expedition, along with cassandra, eugene, and lance.. she's been well, lonely.

(name) still wasn't sure why rapunzel set off for that bizarre quest or what happened while she was gone for boarding school. something about a teenager destroying old corona or something. she tried not to think too much about it, because she was told not to.

but lately, curiosity has been stirring in her stomach. what really did happen in old corona while she was gone? she was snapped back to reality when her father put a hand on her shoulder.

"we'll be back in five days time. and.. you'll be in charge." (name)'s eyes twinkled. "actually?!?" she exclaimed, hopping excitedly in her place. "we think it's time." her mother shrugged again, and gave a hopeful look to frederick.

(name) gave her parents a tight bear hug. "i won't let you down!!" she pulled away and grinned like crazy. but finally helping out in town won't just be something (name)'s been wanting to do for forever.

she'll finally find out what happened three months ago.

that same night, (name) watched her parents leave for the winter lodge and where they'd stay for the next week. at first well, she wasn't too fond of the idea. but now, the world was her oyster.

it was late at night, and nigel took the week off after knowing the second carefree — impulsive princess was going to be in charge and honestly? (name) thought it was better that nigel would not be up her butt all the time.

she waited for the carriage to be out of view, and she ran back inside the castle, clutching her dress on her hands so she wouldn't trip. her boots making noises against the glassy floor, she slid infront of stanley's door.

she knocked about three times and waited patiently infront, rocking back and forth with the heels of her feet. the door creaked open, stanely was wearing regular sleeping clothes.

"your highness!" he cried in surprise. "hi stanely! i need to ask you a favor." stanley scratched his head in confusion. "at this time, princess?" he asked with his brows slightly raised. (name) nodded, "if you could please?" she pleaded.

stanley let out a sigh, and grinned. "okay."

🧪

stanley opened the dungeon doors for her, the cold stinging and hitting her skin. it was dark, and it reeked of rain. it wasn't a necessarily bad smell, but it was out of the ordinary for a dungeon.

"so.. what you're saying is.. a teenager really did almost destroy corona?" she turned to stanley who now wore his captain's uniform. it took alot to make stanley tell (name) what really happened and to set up a meeting with that said criminal? took so much boaring school presentations out of her.

stanely nodded, "stanley. promise me you're not going to tell my parents." she narrowed her eyes, but kept her warm demeanor to her. stanley nodded again. "i can't protect you beyond this door. so.. be careful. and i'll take you back after half an hour."

(name) nodded, taking the keys from stanley's hands and let out a heavy exhale. "that's all i need."

she quickly slid inside, and closed the heavy door behind her, making her ears ring. she winced at the pain of the noise but chose to ignore it because she had other things to worry of currently.

in the corner of her eyes she saw the scruffy twin brothers, that eugene to this day despises. lady caine and her men, and other criminals she's heard stories about. and in the farthest corner of the prison,

was a small boy, with ebony hair with a single blue streak and tattered clothes. there beside him was a grey raccoon who was napping. the boy was slouched over, his back against the wall.

she kept her composure, staring him down. the boy kept his eyes on the floor, but fully knowing that someone came to see him.

"it was about time the second princess would come find me." (name) let out a playful scoff. "hello, varian."