The First Glance

Payal's first day at college was like stepping into a long-awaited dream, a mix of excitement and nerves swirling inside her. Despite not being exceptional in studies, looks, or hobbies, Payal was determined and hardworking. But there was a vulnerability too—her asthma due to which she used to mouth breath, leaving her feeling self-conscious, especially about her mouth open always.

As she stood on the brink of this new adventure, Payal felt a rush of emotions. She was eager for new beginnings but also scared of not fitting in. Yet, there was a flicker of hope—a belief that college could be where she found herself.

With each hesitant step, Payal ventured forward, hoping to discover her place in this new world. Little did she know, the pages of her college story would be filled with surprises, both good and bad, waiting to unfold.

Her dad dropped her off at the bus stop, and as she waited, her heart pounded with anticipation. Finally boarding the bus, she found herself surrounded by unfamiliar faces and chatter. Hoping to shake off the early morning grogginess, she settled into her seat, intending to steal a quick nap before reaching her destination.

But fate had other plans. A sudden jolt from the bus hitting a bump snapped her awake, her head knocking against the seat in front. Blinking away the drowsiness, her eyes caught sight of someone boarding the bus—a figure that seemed to shimmer amidst the ordinary backdrop of her surroundings.

It was him. The boy who seemed to embody her wildest dreams of college life. There was something magnetic about him, something that drew her gaze like a moth to a flame. It wasn't his appearance alone, but a feeling—an inexplicable connection that stirred within her like a gentle breeze on a summer's day.

Their eyes met for a fleeting moment as he made his way down the aisle, and in that brief exchange, Payal felt something shift inside her—a flutter of excitement mingled with a hint of apprehension. Could this be the start of something new, something extraordinary?

As he took a seat at the back of the bus, Payal found herself unable to look away, her heart beating a little faster with each passing moment. In that instant, amidst the chaos of her first day, she felt a spark ignite—a spark that hinted at the possibility of love, adventure, and everything in between.

And so, with the promise of the unknown stretching out before her like an open road, Payal embarked on her college journey, her heart brimming with hope and anticipation for what lay ahead. Little did she know, this chance encounter would be just the beginning of a story that would shape the course of her life in ways she never imagined.