Her First Day

It was Payal's first day at the college of her dreams, but the reality was far from what she had imagined. The place was bustling with people, each lost in their own world and stories. Despite the crowd, nobody seemed to pay much attention to anyone else.

With some time before her class began at 9:30, Payal found herself sitting outside, trying to connect with the hostel residents. However, she felt like an outsider among them, unable to find her place.

As the clock ticked closer to class time, Payal decided to slip into the classroom and take a seat towards the back, hoping to blend into the background. She felt a pang of loneliness as she sat alone, but that changed when a friendly girl approached her.

"Hi, can I sit here?" the girl asked, breaking through Payal's solitude. Payal smiled and nodded, feeling a rush of relief at the prospect of companionship.

"I'm Monisha," the girl introduced herself. She explained that she had taken a gap year after aspiring to study medicine, only to have her plans derailed by fate. Despite her setbacks, Monisha exuded a cheerful and positive energy that instantly lifted Payal's spirits.

As they chatted, Payal felt a sense of kinship with Monisha, grateful to have found someone who shared her outlook on life. Though they were just getting to know each other during the orientation, Payal silently hoped that Monisha would remain by her side throughout their college journey