foreword

I am much better at writing a book about characters than I am at speaking about myself and my thoughts, so do not mind if anything is repeated during this foreword.

Before you start reading this book and correct me on anything that may be wrong, such as the way characters act or the missing pieces of certain events or changing of times, I would like to clarify that I began this book in 2021. It has been sat in my drafts since then and now in 2024 I have decided to edit it and publish it.

I began this book before it was officially confirmed that Dabi was Touya, and I stopped looking at the manga/anime in early 2022.

Many of the things in this book are simply from things I remember, old headcannons and real events that happened within the manga and anime. However, things will stray from canon as this is a fanfiction.

Many of the things about personalities, events and quirks have been taken from the character's wikis and old plans I had for this book.

I have not been reading any more of the manga or watching anything from the anime, unless it's to figure out how exactly a scene went, so I am not exactly caught up apart from what I have read from wikis.

I hope you, as a reader, do not mind this and instead read this as you would a regular old fanfiction someone wrote back before anything was really confirmed, because that's what it is. Corrections will not be made unless it is for spelling mistakes as other changes will most likely change most of what my original plot for this book was meant to be, and as someone who is about to finish high school, I do not want to rethink an entire plot or fully get back into the mha fandom.

I am simply editing this out of boredom, and because I believe this plot had at least some potential but terrible writing.

I hope you can enjoy reading this despite things seemingly straying from the information we now know about the Todorokis and other events in the series.

Now, as a warning, here are the trigger warnings for this book:

- Child abuse
- Neglect
- Death (child death specifically)
- Burning alive
- Suicidal thoughts/acts
- Violence
- Description of injury

Please be aware of these things and keep them in mind, although since all of us here have read the manga and/or watched the anime, I am sure these will not come as a surprise due to them all being topics brought up and shown in the series.

Enjoy.