𝒊. mercy ii

"If you want to get her back, let's make her jealous. Make her think that we're together,"

      THE SMELL OF NACHOS FILLED the air as Arizona sat in a booth between Hawk and Moon, with Demetri and Aisha across from them, although Aisha was standing

THE SMELL OF NACHOS FILLED the air as Arizona sat in a booth between Hawk and Moon, with Demetri and Aisha across from them, although Aisha was standing. Aisha held up her phone, ready to capture the moment.

    "So, you might be wondering what a team does after they win the championship. The answer? Victory Nachos!" she exclaimed, eliciting cheers from Hawk and Arizona. Arizona raised her glass of Sprite and clinked it against Moon, Demetri, and Hawk's glasses. Aisha turned back to her phone, preparing to film.

    "It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake ID," Aisha revealed, causing Hawk's eyes to widen in panic. "Hey, don't talk about that. My parents follow you," he reminded her sternly, glancing around nervously.

     Aisha quickly turned to her phone with a scared look. "Sorry, Mrs. and Mr. Moskowitz. Anyways, until next time, no mercy, bitches," she said with a smirk before turning off her phone and taking a seat beside Demetri in the booth.

Demetri held the nachos in his hands, a smile spreading across his face. "I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party," he remarked, eager to enjoy the celebratory atmosphere. But before he could take a bite, Hawk swiftly snatched the nacho from his hand and ate it, taunting him in the process.

"Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory," Hawk teased, his words cutting through the cheerful mood. Arizona, not amused by Hawk's behavior, nudged him harshly in the side, causing him to wince in pain. Rolling her eyes at Hawk's antics, Arizona turned her attention to Demetri.

"You are always welcome to come to the gatherings, Demetri! I'm not on the team either," Arizona exclaimed with a cheery smile, trying to lift Demetri's spirits. Demetri appreciated her gesture and replied, "Thank you, Arizona. But I'll just consider it a belated party for the coding competition Eli and I won at computer camp." Despite Hawk's taunts, Demetri refused to let his mood be dampened.

      Hawk's face began to fall as Demetri teased him with his robot impersonation. "Demetri and Eli. Binary Brothers!" Demetri sang in a playful tone, causing the girls to burst into laughter. However, Eli's expression darkened as he leaned forward and whispered a sharp reprimand to Demetri.

     "Hey, cool it with the nerd shit, huh?" Eli snapped at Demetri, his tone firm. Demetri's face fell at the rebuke, his enthusiasm dampened by Eli's words. Arizona, catching the exchange, frowned at Hawk and swiftly smacked him in the arm.

     "Be nice," she whispered back to him, her tone stern despite her fake smile. Hawk looked at her with a confused expression before rolling his eyes, but he complied with her silent request.

      Moon looked around the restaurant, noticing Miguel's absence. "Hey, where's Miguel? His wings are getting cold," she remarked, concern evident in her voice. Arizona let out a sigh, snapping her fingers and pointing discreetly to where Miguel sat alone across the restaurant. It was clear that he had been sulking over Sam since their breakup.