Chapter 1: The Forest

The small fox, Yako, was wandering through the forest on a sunny afternoon. He was enjoying the warmth and the sound of the birds chirping when he suddenly heard some leaves rattling nearby. He immediately stopped and sniffed the air, trying to identify the source of the sound.

Curiosity got the best of him, and Yako crouched down, sneaking closer to the origin of the sounds. He stopped and listened carefully, knowing that he had to be cautious in case there was a predator nearby. The forest lay quiet, and Yako's heart pounded in his chest. After a few more breaths, he saw a brown rabbit jump out from behind a bush. Without hesitating, Yako pounced on the rabbit, grabbing it with his jaws and killing it instantly. His face lit up with pride at his catch, but suddenly he heard a voice behind him. He turned around to see another fox, Konko, who had witnessed the whole scene. "Good catch, Yako!" Konko praised him, impressed by his hunting skills.

"Thanks, Konko" Responded Yako. he settled the rabbit down and started gulping down his prey.

The sun was setting, and the forest was bathed in a warm, golden glow. Yako and Konko, were making their way back to their den, a hollow tree in the heart of the forest. As they approached their home, Yako's eyes started to droop, and he could feel his energy draining away. He let out a small yawn as they entered the tree, and soon, both of them were fast asleep.However, it wasn't long before Yako's peaceful slumber was disturbed by a strange dream. In the dream, the forest was empty, and the stars shone brightly overhead. Yako wandered around, taking in the beauty of the night sky when he saw a pure white fox with glowing fur and white, glowing eyes. The fox spoke to him, but when Yako tried to speak in return, he found that his snout was closed shut.The celestial being continued to speak, telling Yako that his life was about to change. Suddenly, the sky opened up, and the rain began to pour down. The fox disappeared in an instant, and Yako was left alone in the deluge. The water rose quickly, and soon it was up to Yako's shoulders. Panic set in, and he began to scream for help, but only bubbles came out. He felt himself losing air and soon passed out.Yako woke up suddenly, gasping for air, his fur prickled, and his eyes wide. Konko, who had been sleeping soundly, was woken by the commotion. "Are you okay?" he muttered sleepily. Yako took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down before responding. "Yeah... I'm fine..." he said, sitting up and shaking his fur. Konko looked at him curiously but decided not to push the topic any further. The dream had left Yako shaken, and he couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to change in his life.