Chapter 4: The Commercial Part 1

It had been three days since I became Alastors assistant. He really didn't have me do much, though one of my first major jobs was to inspect each of his new suits to make sure Robert didn't fuck him over. Once was a warning, second would mean death. I didn't mind inspecting the suits, I would prefer to do this than something unpleasant. Just busy work.

Angel had showed me hell's version of Spotify, Hellify, I know super original. But I was able to listen to my music again. I was a little nervous that Vox was going to call me randomly and try to make me do something. Even though I was 'hired' by him. I didn't want to work the man. I see how badly Valentino treats Angel and theres no telling how he would treat me if I were to mess up accidently.

Besides Alastor wasn't too bad.

It always amazed me when he was able to conjure something out of thin air. Like right now, Alastor had conjured up a video camera and was recording two demons fighting. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing. He easily showed that he didn't like the technology of the camera but he somehow knew how to control the equipment.

"Would you like me to record them?" Looking at the machine he let out a few chuckles. "And here I thought I already was." he tossed the small hand held in my direction. I was quick to catch it worrying that it would break. "I'll narrate of course,"

I couldn't help the giggle that escaped. "It makes sense, you do have a lovely voice." I earned a head pat from the man. He was very strange indeed. For a man who doesn't like to be touched he seemed to thoroughly enjoy patting my head or directing me places. Maybe it had to be on his own terms.

I get that he doesn't want to be touched by specific people, Angel, but I had figured he didn't like to be touched period.

"So why exactly are we recording sinners in hell?" I asked learning the controls as quickly as I could. "Charlie insisted we advertise the hotel of course," his shoulders slump annoyed yet the smile remained, his eyes glaring at the device in my hands. "She refuses to see reason, my radio show would have done wonders for the hotel but she insists on using the noisy picture box."

Slowly nodding my head I waited till he wanted me to start recording. "I think it's because most sinners in hell watch TV..." my eyes widen seeing the distasteful look on his face. "Which is such a shame really, back when I was alive I listened to the radio every day on my way to work. The hosts were always entertaining and I was able to listen to my podcasts."

He smirked squeezing my shoulder rather tightly "Nice save dear,"

"So how would you like to do this, would you like me to record everything first then we add in your voice or would you like to speak to the sinners directly? It might get muffled in the background..."

"Start the machine and we shall see!"

Doing as said I pressed record and watched Alastor speak behind me "Well hello you wayward sinner!" He greats the two demons, one being stabbed repeatedly by a devil with wings. "Do you like blood, violence, and depravity of a sexual nature? Of course you do. Thats why you're in hell!" Alastors hand moved across the camera making it glitch slightly. "But what would you say if I told you there was a place to stay that had none of that?"

I cut paused the recording and looked up at my 'boss' confused. "Are you sure Charlie is gonna like this? I mean..."

"Of course she will! After all I'm doing as she asks." chuckles left him as he guided up away. "Off we go! We have lots to shoot!" Shrugging my shoulders I did as he asked. Filming the outside of the hotel, which you could see Alastor's new radio station hanging off the outside of the hotel. 'It must be connected to his room.'