000. the beginning

❝ bloodsucker, dream crusherbleedin' me dry like a goddamn vampire ❞

bloodsucker, dream crusher
bleedin' me dry like a goddamn vampire

prologue ━━ the beginning

═════════════════════════════════════

IT WAS THE BEGINNING OF A TERRIFYING STORY

valerie raven was an outcast. friends with whitechapel high's weirdo's benny and ethan. she met them in third grade. they didn't have any other friends. well, except for rory.  but that all changed in two thousand and eleven where ethan's parents have to find a babysitter for ethan's little sister, jane. they decided on erica jones as the babysitter, but she was going to a party the night she was babysitting so her best friend, sarah fox decided to take erica's place.

well, once she arrived at the morgan's house, ethan tells valerie and benny about a 'vision' he had when he accidentally touched sarah, and that he also saw no reflection in the mirror of the bathroom when sarah was standing in front of it. a couple minutes later, sarah then leaves when she finds out that erica was going to a party where vampires were, but the three noobs of whitechapel high did not know that.

the three friends were curious about what was going on, so they have benny's grandmother watch over jane while they follow sarah. they were trying to find sarah when they see her in an alleyway, feeding on a rat and realize that she is a vampire. 

sarah quickly explains that she is only a fledgling, a vampire who has not drunk human blood. the four of them return home, where they are attacked by a vampire, most likely sent by another vampire that sarah used to date named, jesse. the vampire is subdued by sarah and they head to the vampire party to save erica and rory who was also at the party. 

however, erica has been bit by gord and later bites rory. ethan, benny, valerie, and sarah follow them. ethan has a vision in which he sees a gravestone, whose dates unscramble to the number 219, and a mysterious box, which is then uncovered by the vampires. the box is called the cubile animus or nest of souls. ethan and sarah figure out jesse's full plan from an old book, learning that in the original settlement of the town, there was a priest nmaed, reverend horace black that led an evil vampire cult. the townspeople burned the cult members, leading to all "219" of their deaths during a lunar eclipse. in another vision, ethan sees that jesse is horace black, and plans to use the box to trap the souls of teens going to see a movie premiere to resurrect the souls of his ancient cult during the lunar eclipse occurring on that same night. benny's grandmother, who reveals that she is an earth priestess, gives ethan, benny, valerie, and sarah enchanted daggers and a spellbook to defeat the vampires. 

she explains that ethan sees visions because he is a seer, which enables him to see visions through touch, and that benny is a spellmaster, allowing him to cast spells. at the theater, the vampires begin to steal the souls of the teens, but are thwarted by ethan, benny and sarah. as valerie fights off a vampire, she gets grabbed and she tries to get out of his arms. she finally is able to stab him in the arm making him turn to dust in an instant making her drop to the ground.

jesse escapes and ethan, valerie, and benny follow in pursuit. in another vision, ethan sees the tree he saw inside the old book, realizing it's the tree in his backyard, where they find jesse. as the eclipse begins, jesse attempts to hold ethan, benny, and valerie down and resurrect the souls he already obtained from the cubile animus, but sarah intervenes. 

when the box lands in ethan's hands, he releases the vengeful souls that were captured, and they destroy jesse. 

that very night when valerie left to go home, she felt a sharp pain in her neck, thinking it was just a feeling of her neck being worn-out, so she ignored it. when valerie got home, she was looking in the mirror, cleaning up when she moved her hair from the side of her neck, she saw two dots and dried up blood near the two dots. she widens her eyes and almost screamed in shock, but she held it in. 

it was a vampire bite. she probably got bit when she was fighting off that vampire. at least she was finally not an outcast of having special abilities.

the next day, ethan, benny, and sarah head to school, meeting erica and rory, who have decided to live peacefully as vampires.

but after seeing erica and rory, they see their friend, valerie dressed in full red. her raven hair now having a streak of red in the front. her wearing bright dark red lipstick and high-heeled black boots. for the first time in her life, she didn't feel like an outcast.

a little while later after what all went down, a new girl comes to town. a girl named, seraphina reign. another raven-haired girl with beautiful siren eyes. wears black all the time. she was the hot new girl.

but what happens when seraphina bumps into the outcast turned vampire?

author's note, thanks for choosingthis book to read

author's note,
thanks for choosing
this book to read.
it means a lot <3