Castles

A/N: hope you like whiplash

March 30, 2018.

Nine - Taylor

"May I take the blindfold off now?" Emma asked for the hundredth time. She adjusted the way she was sitting so that she was facing Taylor. The car bounced over a large tree branch and Emma shrieked. "Who let you drive? Holy shit. we're going to die."

"Calm down, we aren't going to die. It's just a dirt road. And no, keep the blindfold on. No peeking."

"I wouldn't dream of it. I adore surprises."

Taylor rolled her eyes and laughed. "I can tell. Just sit there and take a nap or something. We're almost there." Truthfully, Taylor had no idea if they were almost there. They had been driving down this road for at least an hour and it was only supposed to take twenty minutes after they turned off the main road, if you could call it that. There weren't any side roads or trails turning off of this road, but Taylor still was half-questioning if she missed a turn somewhere.

"I can't take a nap when you drive like a coked-out maniac a county fair hired last second to operate a wooden roller coaster."

"Well... that was descriptive."

"It's the description that goes through my head every time you somehow end up in the driver's seat. I mean seriously, who gave you a license?"

"The state of Tennessee." Taylor said with a sweet smile despite the fact that Emma couldn't see her.

"They need to revoke it." Emma made a noise that could only be called the vocal equivalent to an eyeroll and then shrieked again when Taylor hit yet another tree root. "Are you aiming for them?"

"I may have aimed for that one." Taylor moved one hand from the steering wheel to Emma's thigh and squeezed lightly. A small stone castle peered around one final turn of trees. The dirt road led all the way up to a garage that looked like it was built at least three centuries after the rest of the building but was beautiful nonetheless. Three wisteria trees lined either side of the road, somehow already blooming beautiful purple flowers this early in spring. "I suppose you can take it off now."

Emma pulled it over her head and tossed the fabric at Taylor's head before finally looking out the windows and gasping slightly. The wind blew the trees around, knocking some of the flowers off and whirling them around the air in front of the car. "Dude, this is so pretty."

"Did you just 'dude' me? I will turn this car around and drive all the way back to New York."

"Call me when you're stuck in the ocean. I'm staying here. I could make paint out of these!"

Taylor shook her head and watched another flower fall from the tree and land on the dirt road in front of them. It would make a beautiful paint color, she couldn't deny that. "Do you think you could paint me a picture of these trees using the flowers?"

"I'll paint you whatever you want, sweetheart. Especially if it's something this beautiful."

They pulled into the garage and Emma all but jumped out of the car and ran over to the driver's side to open Taylor's door and yanked her out of the car. She intertwined her fingers in Taylor's and ran back to the dirt driveway to pull her in for a passionate kiss. The rain of purple flowers swirled around them in the chilly spring wind. Taylor only pulled away when she was so out of breath that she thought her face might have a blue tint to it. "What was that for?" Taylor asked, her voice breathy and with a hint of a laugh.

"I wanted to do that the second I took the blindfold off. Felt kind of like a romance movie, didn't it?" Emma punctuated her sentence with another brief kiss on the lips.