04|dreams|

________

The morning light bathed Beacon Academy, casting a warm glow into our new dorm room. The view stretched from the window overlooking the academy to Weiss Schnee and me, we were both still peacefully sleeping. As Weiss awoke and stretched, a sudden whistle from Ruby Rose startled her, causing her to fall off the bed. Her thud startled me away.

"Good morning, Team RWBY!" Ruby cheerfully announced, oblivious to Weiss's bewilderment.

"What in the world is wrong with you?" Weiss questioned, rising from the floor.

I groaned, "Why do you always insist on talking loudly?" I joined in, getting up with a groan.

Yang Xiao Long entered the scene, holding an assortment of items for decorating, and alongside her was Blake Belladonna. Weiss's and my confusion grew as the chaos continued.

"Decorating!" Yang declared, adding to the already perplexed situation.

"What?!" Weiss exclaimed, and Blake remarked, "We still have to unpack," as her suitcase spilled its contents.

Ruby, unfazed by the unfolding chaos, blew her whistle again, rallying the team for their "first mission."

"Aaaalright! Catalina, Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission! Banzai!" Ruby exclaimed, raising her fist as the team joined in the spirited chant.

The girls engaged in a lively montage, adding personal touches to their room. Posters, paintings, and arrangements were made with a contagious enthusiasm.

As the cheerful chaos unfolded, Weiss, Catalina, and Blake showed less enthusiasm, especially when Ruby knocked Weiss back with another blast from her whistle. I sighed catching her quickly.

Ruby then proposed a daring idea to replace beds with bunk beds, met with mixed reactions. Weiss was skeptical, Yang was thrilled, and Blake found it efficient. They looked at me and just shrugged still have asleep yawning.The decision was made through a vote, and Ruby declared the objective complete.

While Weiss and Blake seemed unsure about the arrangement, Ruby, Yang, and I each adapted in their own way.

Ruby, now seated, shifted the focus to their second order of business: classes.

"Now, we have a few classes together today. At 9, we've got to be-"

"What?! Did you say 9 o'clock?" Weiss interrupted, alarmed.

"Uuuum..." Ruby hesitated.

"It's 8:55, you dunce!" Weiss exclaimed, already rushing out.

I chimed in, "Thanks to our fearless leader, we are gonna be late!"

Weiss led the way, and the rest of us quickly followed, peeking out from their doorways. In the hectic hallway, we encountered Jaune Arc and his team JNPR, leading to a comical cascade of students. Jaune, now determined, led his team in a frantic dash.

"We're gonna be late!" Jaune declared.

In the courtyard, Professor Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch observed the chaotic scene, Glynda checking her watch while Ozpin calmly sipped his drink, anticipating an eventful year ahead.

_____

The classroom hummed with eager anticipation as Professor Port, a seasoned Huntsman, introduced the various Grimm species on display – King Taijitu, Death Stalker, Beowolf, Boarbatusk, Nevermore, and Ursa. His weapon, a menacing axe-blunderbuss combo, underscored the dangerous nature of these creatures.

"Monsters, demons, prowlers of the night! The creatures of Grimm have many names, but I simply call them prey! Ha-ha!" Port's boisterous voice filled the room.