PROLOGUE

"Luke, can you stop acting like a spoiled child and talk to me like a normal person? I've been your best friend for years, I've always been there for you even when it hurt the most! So, I think I deserve an explanation of why you're treating me like trash! I don't understand why you keep taking it out on me!" I said in one breath, tears streaming down my cheeks from the nervousness this man was making me feel. Or maybe I was just angry with myself for still experiencing the same emotions, the same love for him despite the passing years.

"Then you don't want to understand! I'm messed up, and I'm treating you like crap because I'm not doing the right thing! I'm not behaving as I should; I'm not the faithful boyfriend I should be! Because all those years I wrote in my songs, I wasn't thinking about her, but about you! 'Can I have another chance? Can I have another dance? Can I start another life with you?' I didn't write it for my girlfriend, who loves me and whom I love, but for you! And that's terribly wrong! Because I'm afraid of loving you more than her! More than I should! I'm afraid of weighing too much on you even though years have passed, but I can't help but think about when we were together!" he couldn't help but go through time.