Chapter 7 Grey Eyes

"Behind every shadow lies a story untold, every shade of grey holds secrets worth gold."

~///AUTHOR POV///~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the dead of the night, in the small village, everyone was fast asleep, unaware of the demon on his mission.

But this demon wasn't all bad, more like a good demon, if you can believe it.

In a tiny hut, the sounds of three living beings could be felt, accompanied by the eerie echoes of bats nearby.

A man in his late 40s knelt on the floor, a gun pointed straight at his forehead.

"You can't be doing this. You don't even know who I am," the middle-aged man said, his voice trembling with fear beneath his bravado.

"I don't know who you are. Are you kidding me?" the gun owner retorted.

"So, you do know who I am. Then what do you want from me?" the man begged desperately.

"Kuch nahi Awasthy, bas tumhare paap ka ghara bhar Gaya hai , isliye tumhe is jeevan se mukt kar raha" declared the grey-eyed man, our demon.

Awasthy shook his head in disbelief. "You can't do this. It's illegal to kill a government officer."

The grey-eyed man chuckled, his tone both dominating and calm. "Look who's talking about illegality. Shame on you, Awasthy."

"Sir, we have to go for another job, so kill him," the third person chimed in.

"Noooo, you can't... ahhh!" Awasthy's protests were cut short as he fell to the ground, lifeless.

"Dispose of him, Pandey. I'll be waiting in the Thar," the demon ordered his assistant.

He settled into the passenger seat of the Thar, as Pandey took the wheel.

Suddenly, a knock on the closed window startled him. Wondering  how Pandey had disposed of the body so quickly., he grabbed his gun and opened the door, expecting the unexpected.

"How did you get here at this hour?" he asked the newcomer.

"Pehle bahar to nikal sale," the newcomer retorted.

"Ahoo bhagya hamare Gautam budha padhare," the demon remarked, preparing to embrace his only friend.

Instead, he received a kick to his left leg, sending him sprawling to the ground in pain.

"Kitni baar kaha hai aman kaha karo?" Gautam chastised him.

"Aman, the 'am' from Gautam and the 'an' from Anand," the grey-eyed man teased, brushing off the dust from his elbow as he remained on the ground.

"If you don't stop, I'll kill you, Verdant Menon," Gautam warned.

"Zindagi Dene wala agar le bhi le to kya gam hain?" Verdant replied, every word sincere.

Gautam's gaze softened at his words, and he helped Verdant to his feet, enveloping him in a brotherly hug.

"Let's go to Bhopal. I'll come to take you," Gautam said.

"But how did you know my location?"

"From tracking the tracker on one of your watches that you wore in our last meeting. You're wearing that watch today, so I tracked you," Gautam explained seriously.

"Oh, smart move," Verdant said.

"Sir, the target's disposed of. Let's head to Bhopal for our new mission," Pandey announced from behind Gautam, a bit surprised to find him there.

"You're coming to Bhopal and didn't inform me?" Gautam complained.

"Now you know, so let's go," Verdant replied.

******************************************************

Hello everyone, while the story may be unfolding slowly, patience often leads to the most rewarding journeys. If you're enjoying the narrative, I kindly ask for your support through votes. Your encouragement means the world to me.