Chapter 2: Ecto Acne

It was a good 5 minutes and 27 and a half seconds before Vlad was able to stand up.

He stared at the smoking remains of the ghost portal, surrounded by a charred mess in the lab, and the teacher that had entered, lying on his side, facing the wall.

Vlad stared at the portal, then shouted, "HA!"

He glanced to Jack and Maddie, who were now getting themselves up.

"See, Jack!" he said triumphantly, "I told you it wouldn't work!"

"Ugh, no need to shout, please, V-Man..." Jack moaned groggily. He felt like he'd had a major hangover.

"For god's sake, Jack, I only made a point about that ghost portal not working!" Vlad said with a tinge of anger in his voice. "God, you try to give criticism, and that's the thanks I-"

he stopped.

It was then he saw Jack & Maddie looking at him, and they gasped.

Vlad stared at them as well, and he gasped as well. He saw Jack & Maddie's faces; They were covered in glowing red zits, their eyes were glowing, and their hair had gone a bleached white color.

"Jack?! Maddie?!" Vlad exclaimed, his heart pounding in his chest like a drum. "What in halloumi fries has happened to both of you?!"

"What's happened to ALL of us, you mean!" Jack said, pointing at Vlad.

Vlad ran to a nearby mirror, took one look, and almost screamed.

He had the same things Jack & Maddie had before them - glowing red zits all over his face, glowing eyes, and, like in the original incident in the tv series, his hair was a bleached white. "Oh, butternuts!" Vlad gasped. "I'm hideous!"

"We're all hideous!" Jack exclaimed.

At that moment, another man burst in, a man with green eyes, black hair and stubble on his chin, wearing a black shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers.

"James & the Giant Peach!" the young man exclaimed. "What's been going on here?!"

"William..." said Vlad, covering his face, "find someone to call the medics for us - even Mr Briggs!"

William noticed the teacher, known as Mr Briggs, managing to stir.

Mr Briggs, was a man in his mid 40s, with messy ginger hair, a stubbly goatee, and blue eyes, wearing a jet black suit, white shirt, and red necktie,, and brown shoes.

But, because he'd been affected by the portal, his ginger hair had gone bleached white, and he had glowing eyes and glowing red zits all over his face, LIKE Vlad, Maddie, and Jack behind him.

William wasted no time in heading off to call the medics.

But neither he, nor Vlad, Jack, or Maddie, or Mr Briggs, knew of the incident that would change their lives forever...