Chapter 16: I'll Find You

Hello guys, hope y'all are having a god day. I know it's been a while since I've last updated and I apologise for it, I do hope to get more chapters out soon though. Thank you so much for so many reads already, that means so much! 🩷 I will try my best to keep you entertained, and feel free to comment any suggestions on how you think I can improve this story. I'm always open for feedback 🫶. 

Thomas's POV:

Darkness. I was swimming around in darkness. It was like there was light lingering just beyond, but I couldn't reach it, I couldn't grasp onto it. I tried to reach out my hands to try and grab onto it, but it was like they weighed a million pounds. Something grabbed me by my waist, like someone had latched a rope around me. As I was yanked back with enough force to topple the homestead, colours and moving pictures were flashing by me. My hand grazed the cool surface of one and immediately I was filled with the feeling of curiosity. 

The moving picture turned out to be a memory, my memory. It was when I had first been brought up into the glade and was looking at the walls. The entire space. It was like I was watching it in third person. As I watched the  scene unfold in from of me I was filled with other things too, like frustration, anger, fear, I was crazed a little bit, but curiosity was the outweighing one. After that short scene played out, I was jolted from that memory. 

I wasn't sure how to stop or slow down, whatever is was that had a hold on me wasn't letting up. It was then when my hand slipped through the surface of another memory, and I was pulled into it. I remember this one as clear as day, I had just brought Newt into a clearing of the Glade. It was in the afternoon, Frypan was preparing dinner, but the only person I wanted to be around was Newt. 

My heart was beating wildly as I stood there watching myself with Newt in the afternoon light. This was before we left the maze, before he was taken away from me, before we ended up in this huge facility. I moved closer, not wanting to miss the conversation that was unfolding. 

"Newt"? Memory-me asked, grabbing his attention.

"What, Oh, sorry Tommy". He replied back to me, with his adorably reddened face.

I could tell he was just about to continue with whatever he was about to say, when we heard a stick crack.

"Who's there"? Memory-me said, my face switching into a protective stare, I refused to let anything hurt Newt. 

when nothing happened, Newt looked at memory-me and took my arm.

"There's no one here Tommy, it's just you and I". He said, looking into my eyes with his beautiful blue ones.

You and I. I still liked the sound of that.

He had started to ramble on again but was shocked out of it when memory-me had had enough and was about to make the big move. Memory-me grabbed Newt's face in his hands. I watched him again turn a brilliant shade of pink. I knew what was coming.

"Hey Newt"?

"Yeah Tommy"?

"I really hope you don't mind".

"Don't mind what Tommy"? I heard his breath catch in his throat a little.

"This", Memory-me said calmly and simply, but insides so full of giddiness.

Memory-me looked at Newt with almost as much love as I do now. Then he pulled Newt's face to his, and pressed Newt's lips against memory-mes' awaiting ones. I was filled with the feeling of love as I watched the memory play out in front of me. I just watched, it made my heart hurt slightly though, the fact that this was one of the happiest moments I've ever shared with another person was only a few days ago. Now this person, My person, Newt, my Newt, was somewhere, in pain, alone, and I couldn't get to him in time.