13. Daredevil

13.(Dare)devil.

The man smiled, revealing his bloody teeth while his knuckles were covered in blood and were also definitely bruised

The man smiled, revealing his bloody teeth while his knuckles were covered in blood and were also definitely bruised. His buns ruined, hair disheveled too, from the fight. The crowd around him was in shock, nobody dared to move. This incident would be the new gossip for the month around the campus for sure.

"Want to repeat what you said?" He pulled the collar of the other boy's shirt dragging him closer to his face, his stare scarier and icier than ever.

Okay, you must be very confused so let's rewind. Where were we...? Oh, yes i was dragging Choso for a smoke.

"I know the spot." I said to the boy emphasising the article 'the' and at the same time navigated him through the house which was packed with other people dancing and drinking.

I opened the door and walked on the rooftop and turned to face him waiting for his reaction. I could see his facial expression change from neutral to surprised. "How did you know this?" He asked astonished, looking ahead towards the view. You could still hear the music from downstairs but it wasn't as noticeable as it was before.

"It's not my first time coming here. Yuji is my best friend you know." That answer seemed plausible enough to him so he just gave me a nod. Putting his hand in his pocket he fished out the pack of cigarettes. I opened my bag to search for mine too, but I heard him say something like "here" and he gave me one of his.

"I don't have a lighter... Again." I laughed a bit, and he smirked at my words while the stick was hanging on his lips. He motioned with his hand for me to come closer and I gave him a questionable look before doing as he asked. He also closed the distance between us, being really close to my face.

His cigarette which was already burning touched mine while he still had it in his mouth, and I took a drag from mine in order to light it. I looked him dead in the eyes, as he was doing too. While this stare contest lasted for seconds, again it felt too long.

It was enough to sober me up, the knot in my stomach seemed to tighten.

Finally coming to my senses from his magnetic stare,  and now my lighted cigarette, I pulled away from his personal space, and walked towards the railing. He too, followed me. We didn't talk for a while we just smoked together. And the silence wasn't awkward but comforting.

Only he could do that.

"Are you having fun?" I asked him, as he had asked me before something similar. "A lot." He smiled a bit when he answered. Our shoulders touched but I didn't dare to look at him. Not even from the corner of my eye. What can I say? I am not always daredevil. This time something in the pit of my stomach was twisting, making me feel nervous.

"Are you?" He asked back. Only then I turned my head a bit to meet his intense stare, that still I hadn't gotten used to. "Yeah." I replied looking back the same way he was staring at me. Intensely. He closed a bit the distance but then...