Just the two of us*

Ages: Rose 15; Lynn 6; Dahlia 4

Pov y/n

"Honey, I'm home." Scarlett calls from the hallway. I smile and come down the stairs to greet her. She opens her arms before I even reach the last step of the stairs and wraps them around my waist as she reaches me.

"They're all gone?" I ask and nuzzle my nose against hers. She hums and nods.

"Yes, all three. Rose is at a sleepover and Lynn and Dahlia are at my mom's." Scar confirms, allowing me to take the last two steps to be on the same level as her.

"Wow, the whole house just for us. When was the last time that happened?" I grin and brush some hair out of her face.

"A long time ago. The last time we wanted to bring the little ones to my mom, Dahlia was sick so she stayed home." She remembers, trailing her fingers softly over the small of my back.

"And the time before that, Rose was here because she had to study for a test." I reminisce.

Yeah, getting the house to ourselves with three kids is definitely a challenge. Therefore, I'm happy we managed it today. I love them to death but sometimes I still appreciate some alone time with my wife.
Well, I would appreciate it a lot more often but that's rather difficult and I don't want to give the children away all the time. Our alone time reduces to after they are asleep and that's fine as well. After all, we had them for a reason. Not for the reason of taking away our time together but because we wanted to expand the family and we are truly happy with the way things are.

"Exactly. So this might be the only alone time we will have for the next year." Scar jokes and pecks my lips softly. I smile and lean my forehead against hers, playing with some hairs in the back of her neck.

"Luckily, they grow up and don't get younger. We have good chances of all of them being away more often at sleepovers at some point." I point out and she nods.

Rose is already out rather often on the weekends and that's okay. As long as we know she's safe, we don't mind.
Most of the time she's at her friends houses and sleeps over or they are on a little trip to play miniature golf or go bowling or do whatever teenagers do at 15.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for all of them to be more grown up." Scar sighs and glances down the hallway to the entrance door.

We had to get a new shoe rack a year ago because three kids have a lot of shoes. A couple of self-drawn pictures line the walls, along with a family picture from this year.

"Me either. If it all comes to worst, we can do it all over again." I grin and let one hand trail to her front and her stomach. She shakes her head.

"Hell no." She declines with a laugh. I snicker as well. We really love our kids and if we had one more, we would love it as well but three is enough for us.

"The way I know you, you'd make it even more chaotic by having twins." She accuses me jokingly and I cross my arms and pout in faux offense.

"I'm not that chaotic." I point out, at which she laughs and kisses my cheek.

"You kind of are. I'm still trying to get rid of the glitter you and Lynn spilled on the dinning table last week. No matter how often I swipe it, I always find little flecks of glitter." She reasons.

"I didn't mean to tip over the glitter, it was an accident." I pout, but have trouble keeping in a laugh.

Our lives are definitely more chaotic with three children but I love it. Can life even be not chaotic with so many kids?

"I know, baby." She grins and kisses me until my pout melts into a soft smile.

"So, what are your plans for tonight?" I ask and let her lead me toward the kitchen. I have some plans as well, I'm even prepared for them but I am still interested in knowing what she has in mind.
After all, it's never safe that all kids are away until they actually are.