III / catcalling

part three !
word count: 1560

———

As Momo walked home from a small get-together with her friends, she couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of her stomach. The streets were quiet, illuminated only by the dim glow of streetlights, casting long shadows across the pavement.

Suddenly, she noticed a group of strange men lingering on the corner up ahead, their figures obscured by the darkness. A shiver ran down her spine as she quickened her pace, trying to put distance between herself and the looming figures.

But no matter how fast she walked, the men seemed to shadow her every move, their footsteps echoing ominously behind her. Panic began to rise within her chest as she realized that she was being followed, their intentions unclear but undoubtedly sinister.

Heart pounding in her chest, Momo's mind raced with fear and uncertainty. Should she call for help? Should she confront them? Or should she keep walking and hope to lose them in the maze of streets?

With each step, the weight of the situation bore down on her, her thoughts consumed by the looming threat that trailed behind her. As she navigated the darkened streets, Momo knew that she would need to stay alert and vigilant if she hoped to make it home safely.

Bakugou sat in the passenger seat of Mitsuki's car, his arms crossed over his chest as they drove through the bustling streets of the city. The sounds of the city faded into the background as they approached a red light, the car coming to a stop with a gentle lurch.

Mitsuki glanced over at her son, a knowing look in her eyes. "So, how's your hero work going?" she asked, her tone casual but filled with genuine interest.

Bakugou leaned back in his seat, a hint of irritation creeping into his voice. "Fine," he replied shortly, his gaze fixed on the passing scenery outside the window.

Mitsuki raised an eyebrow, her lips quirking into a smirk. "Just fine?" she teased, a playful glint in her eyes.

Bakugou rolled his eyes, a scowl crossing his features. "Yeah, just fine," he grumbled, his pride stinging at the implication that his progress might be anything less than exemplary.

Mitsuki chuckled softly, shaking her head in amusement. "You know, Katsuki, it's okay to admit when things are tough," she said gently, her tone softening.

Bakugou huffed, his frustration evident in the way he clenched his fists at his sides. "I know that, hag," he muttered, his voice low.

Mitsuki reached out and placed a comforting hand on his arm, her touch warm and reassuring. "I just want you to know that I'm proud of you, no matter what," she said sincerely, her eyes filled with maternal affection.

Bakugou glanced over at his mother, a flicker of gratitude warming his heart. "Thanks," he said quietly, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

As Bakugou and Mitsuki continued driving through the city, Bakugou's sharp eyes caught sight of Momo walking along the sidewalk. His brows furrowed in concern as he noticed her outfit – revealing and inappropriate for the cold weather.

Without hesitation, Bakugou asked his mom to pull over, his expression serious and determined. Mitsuki shot him a questioning look, her curiosity evident in the quirk of her eyebrow, but she complied, pulling the car to the side of the road.

As Momo continued walking, her discomfort grew as the men's catcalls intensified, their lewd remarks sending a shiver down her spine. She quickened her pace, desperate to put distance between herself and the unwelcome attention.

Just as she was about to break into a run, a car pulled over beside her, causing her heart to race with a mix of fear and hope. With trepidation, she glanced at the vehicle, her mind racing with possibilities of who might step out.