Chapter 3: Debates

Y/N POV

I'm back in the nether, this time, mining for netherite alongside Technoblade. Place a bed, let it explode, mine ancient debris, repeat. It's more dangerous than more traditional methods of mining, but it's also more effective, getting several ancient debris. Techno said we needed it for something coming up, but wouldn't say what. No matter, I trust him. "So... have you heard anything interesting in the village?" Technoblade asked, trying to make small talk, trying to get a read on me. Even without my mask, I am secretive, and unreadable. He knows as much about me as I know about him. Which is not that much. "Nope, have you?" I ask. "Not much. I heard that L'Manburgs having an electoral debate. Sounds boring if you ask me." Technoblade says, as he places a bed down. "Oh?" I ask, trying to hide my shock. A debate? For an election? What have I missed? "Yeah. All boring, government" he says with an eye roll. "Mhm... yeah..." I say distracted. I start to zone out, and mine slower. "Hello? Y/N? Earth to Y/N." Techno says, breaking me out of my trance. "Oh! Sorry. When did you say this 'debate' was?" I ask. Techno raises his eyebrow and stares at me for a few seconds. "The 8th. Why?" he says, confused. "No reason" I reply, and he shrugs and we both silently mine again until we have bags full of netherite. Then we go home, and I mark my calendar. September 8th. 3 days away. 

Now listen, I hate Wilbur, but I was curious on what's happening with L'Manburg. It was my home, the place I fought for, of course I would go to the debates. The days went by in a blur, and soon it was that morning of September 8th. I made an excuse to Technoblade, about going to collect wood for a new base, hiding a dark cloak under my armour. As soon as I left, however, I put my armour in an enderchest, only keeping my sword. I don't want to be refused entrance for breaking the #1 rule of L'Manburg. I go up to the sky courthouse, where a stream of people enter, after being searched by the guards at the door. As I get into the line of people waiting, I couldn't help but stare up at the massive stone courthouse. It was beautiful, made with stone brick, and cobble outlining it and giving it depth. It was beautiful. I was so distracted by the courthouse, I almost jumped when I saw Jack, or Thunder, in front of me. "Name?" he asks, writing down stuff on a piece of paper. "Uhhhhh...." I stumble. "Ivy. My name is Ivy." I say, making up a name on the spot. "Okay Ivy... Do you have any weapons on you?" he asks, looking up. "Just my sword." I reply, bringing it out of my sheath and handing it to him. He inspects it thoroughly. "Nice sword" he mutters, before staring at me curiously. "Have we met before? Your voice sounds familiar, but I don't recognize your face." he comments, staring at me. "That because you never saw my face" I thought, but I just smiled. "Sorry, but I don't think so." I smiled weakly, and he nodded with a smile, handing me my sword. Never have I been so glad that I used to wear a mask. "Well, nice to meet you, Ivy" he says, opening the door for me. I nod, walking into the courthouse, and sitting down in the back, hood on. Wilbur can't see me. He's seen my face. And who knows who they're running against. Finally, they come out onto the podium in the front. Wilbur and Tommy on one side. Quackity on the other, seemingly alone. Karl and Tubbo in the middle, moderating the debate. "Okay, let's talk territories. Who's allowed in and who's not." Karl says, beginning the debate. "L'Manburg has a long history of discrimination against people not from L'Manburg. I, myself, am not able to enter L'Manburg because of the policy these men have put into their property. And I don't agree with that. I'm gonna let everyone into L'Manburg because it's a beautiful country! " Quackity cheers, and half the audience cheers along with him, drowning out the protests from Wilbur and Tommy. This is not looking good. After a few minutes, everyone gets quieter, waiting for Wilbur's response. He is silent for a few seconds, either building up suspense, or not knowing what to say. I think it's the latter. "For years, may I say decades, the Dream SMP has ostracized my group of people, my European brethren stood behind me." Wilbur says finally, and I roll my eyes. Decades? He's being a bit overdramatic. "L'Manburg is not a place for oppression. It is a place of sanctuary for our people. What you are intending to do is coming to our land and open it up to the people- to the very people we seek to escape, just because we've created a better life for ourselves. This in itself is a tyranny, and I will not stand for it." Wilbur says proudly, and the other half of the room erupts into applause. I roll my eyes. I'm starting to like this Quackity guy's ideas. L'Manburg was not a sanctuary for me. Quackity also seems to disagree as well. "Wilbur is embracing tradition here. We don't need to embrace tradition. We are a new generation of politicians, Wilbur. I hope you remember that. Alright? We are a new generation of people. Embracing your old school policies is just gonna hurt progress!" Quackity yells, which makes Wilbur angry. "These policies were formed from blood, not long ago." He yells back. "Is that so?! Is that so?!" Quackity yells, and they both start fighting, along with the crowd yelling at the top of their lungs. I'm starting to see why Techno's so against government. Finally, after 10 minutes of non-stop yelling, everyone finally quiets down, and they change the subject. "Um, Wilbur, what's your stance on corruption within politics?" Karl questions. "As the man who called this election...? As the man who stripped his own power to allow democracy to take root. I would say corruption is a big part of what I am against." Wilbur says, and Quackity laughs. "I remind you that you are not enacting a democracy because you are well within your full knowledge that it would be a one-party system until I came up. I decided that I would be running against you." Quackity states, and everyone gasps, leaving a momentary silence. Wilbur... did what? My head began to spin as yelling happened again, along with Wilbur yelling. "You have no proof!". A real fun time. Apparently, it was annoying to Karl too, as he left the courtroom immediately after that. But then, George comes in, walking towards the podium before standing beside Quackity with a smile. Fuck. 

A/N: YOOOOOOOOOO HOW ARE YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys are doing well. I also hope you like this chapter. Also, wondering if you all want me to do another x reader after this book, or make the final book in the series before the new x reader. I won't start any of it before this book specifically is done, so don't worry, but I'd really like to see your ideas. Put them down on my profile or in the comments! Anyway, if you have any suggestions/things you want in the story, comment, and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. Stay safe, drink lots of water, eat, and remember we care about you <3. Thank you so much for reading, and I can't wait to see you in the next chapter!

Word Count: 1303 words! :)