Chapter 11: Everythings Fine, My Life's a Lie!

Y/N POV

Dream stared, before grabbing my arm and dragging me to his office, shutting the door with a slam. Before I could say anything, he wrapped me in a hug. "Y/N, what are you doing here, and your mask!" he whisper-shouts. "Nice to see you too, Clay." I say wryly. " He hugs me again, before sitting down and taking off his mask, showing more scars, darker under eyes, and wrinkles than before. He aged during this war, that's for sure. I sit down, tiredly. "Dad's alive?" I ask, starting the conversation off with a bang. He looks shocked for a moment, before settling with a look of calm. "You shouldn't be running around without your mask, especially not around here, and especially not now." Dream warns, rubbing his eyes. "Answer the question, please." I order, and he closes my eyes. "In the technical sense, he is alive, but in reality, our father died a long time ago." he said, and I rolled my eyes. "So all this time, I spent thinking we were exiled, that they hated us, that our father was dead, that things could've been different... It was all a lie?" I muttered, and he nodded. He opened his eyes, and his gaze softened. When he opened his arms, I didn't think about anything that happened, because right now, he wasn't Dream. He was my brother, the person who I sparred with for fun as a child, who protected me, who was my best friend. "I missed you" I said tearfully, hugging him tightly. "I... missed you too" he said, smiling. "Can I stay, for a few days?" I ask hopefully. At this moment of time, I don't want to leave. At least for now, before war ruins everything again. Dream looked shocked, but I could tell he came to the same conclusion as me. "Of course." he said, smiling, and we stayed in that room and chatted for hours, confusing George and Sapnap, who still didn't know who I was. 

Techno POV

I stood outside, farming potatoes, the sun slowly starting to set. When we came back from mining, Wilbur was sewing a trench coat, and Y/N was nowhere to be seen. He said she left, not looking up from his sewing. He was hurting. She has been gone all day, no one having any clue where she went, until the bird. A white dove, to be exact, flying into my hands, note attached. I open it. 

Dear Techno, 

Hope the dove finds you, and finds the note. It should, as I trained it, but you never know with doves. They aren't the most reliable, but they're all that Dream had. Yes, I am with Dream. With Schlatt in the picture, I don't trust him to stay out of this. I will keep you posted. 

Please don't tell anyone where I am, and why I'm here. They'll ruin everything. I believe you know this. If you ever need to find me, here are the coordinates. 

###, #####, #### (A/N censored for Y/N's privacy) 

See you soon, 

                            -Y/N

I go inside and write a quick reply, after hiding the letter in my ender chest. No need for the others to know, at least for now. Attaching it to the dove, I watch it fly away, free for a few moments before returning to Dreams captivity. I wonder if these birds ever dreamt about flying away, freeing themselves. This thought stays in my mind, as I go back to farming my potatoes. 

Y/N POV

I wrote a letter to Technoblade. It contained a half lie. He can tell, in real life, when one is lying or not, but can he tell in a letter? I guess I'll find out. Anyway, I don't know if it's Dream's manipulation talking, but I'm kind of having fun here. We go outside on long walks around the SMP (except far away from L'Manburg, or Manburg as they call it now). We chat all the time, but there is one thing bothering me. Schlatt. Even with Dream's warnings to stay away, I need answers, that Dream won't tell me. I've continued to write letter's to Techno, but I'm starting to miss them all. Except I don't want to leave, and Dream avoids the topic at all cost. But I know I have to go, so I packed my things, and knocked on Dream's door, where he was making TNT. "Dream, what's the TNT for?" I ask quietly, and he stares in shock. "Just for if things get out of hand." he replied coolly. "And that means...?" I ask, and he shakes his head. "It's nothing, anyway, you wanted to see me?" he asks, and I nod slowly. "It's been great staying with you, but I need to go back to my friends" I say, and he stands there in shock. "To Manburg?" he asks in disbelief. "Um, not technically..." I say, fiddling with the random quill he had on his desk. I have no idea if he knows about Pogtopia or not, and I'm not letting that slip. "Y/N, trust me, you shouldn't go there. Schlatt, he's not the man you think he is. There is so much you don't know." Dream warns, and I nod. "I'm not going in L'Manburg, and our father can't be that bad, can he?" I smile, and Dream shakes his head. Finally, he sighs. "I guess I can't stop you" he resigns, before staring at me tiredly. "But be careful which side you choose to be on. You don't want to piss off the wrong people." he says, giving me a silent warning. Not to piss him off. I nod, and give Dream possibly the last hug, before we both choose our sides. Then, I begin my walk, deciding whether to go to Manburg or Pogtopia first. 

A/N Hello everyone! Hope you all are doing well. Trying to start updating again. Also, can anyone help me with STEM? It is horrible, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it-. Anyway, if you have any suggestions/things you want in the story, comment, and I'll try to incorporate it into the story. Stay safe, drink lots of water, eat, and remember we care about you <3. Thank you so much for reading, and I can't wait to see you in the next chapter!

Also, forgot to mention this earlier, but I wrote a small Dream SMP fanfic for an English assignment, in a different style than I usually write, but I think it turned out pretty good. I've been debating publishing it, but Idk. Tell me if you all would like to see it or not :) Anyway, see you all in the next chapter!

Word Count: 1128 words :)