-Chapter 1-

[Credits to @SquishyWritesStories for most of the banner art-]

Sonic's POV:

Sonic watched as his two-tailed friend rushed to and fro, trying to set everything up for the movie night he had planned for the two of them. Chuckling, the hedgehog took a step forward.

"You sure you don't need help with anything? I could help set up everything, just say when!"

The fox refuses.

"It's alright, Sonic! I can handle this myself, no worries!" He placed a few more pillows onto the pile that he'd made with pretty much anything soft he could find.

"And now, the snacks!" Before the fox could dash off towards the kitchen, Sonic grabbed him and threw him onto the pile.

"You've already made our spot ready, snacks are on me, okay Tails?"

"...Fine."
Satisfied, the azure hedgehog heads in the direction of the kitchen, grabbing the popcorn, chips and... Well, basically anything they could snack on while watching a film. Returning, he places them on the table.

"Got 'em." He plops down next to Tails and then grabs onto the blanket.

"Hey, what about me-?" The fox's question was quickly answered when the latter decided to wrap him with the blanket.

"Hey, now we got a fox burrito!"

The two laughed at this, as Sonic fooled around a bit more with the kit. Finally settling down, he speaks up.

"Alright, what have you got in store for the two of us?"

"It's this horror movie that's got some pretty good ratings, I thought that maybe we could check it out?"

Sonic's expression falls a bit.

"You sure you're ok with watching this? Last time we picked a horror movie, you spent the entire night-"

"I promise I'll be fine, I'm not a little kid!" The fox gives him a confident face, to back up his statement.

The hedgehog sighs, then hesitantly nods.

"If you say so, bud."

---

Sonic regretted why he agreed to this. While he wasn't too scared by whatever was shown on the TV, he couldn't say the same thing for his two-tailed companion.

The nine-year-old had taken refuge under the covers, absolutely terrified. Sonic tried to lend him a comforting hand, but he felt as if it wasn't of much use. He turns off the television and focuses on calming his best friend.

"It's alright, Tails. You know very well that none of that was real, yeah? Don't worry about it too much." Seeing that the fox was still shaking, he pulled him close and gave him some pats on his head.

"Tails...?"

Eventually, the fox calms down, and the two spend the next few moments in complete silence.

"..."

"Maybe we should just get a bit of sleep." Tails was the one to break the silence. He took a few deep breaths "As you said, none of that was real, not an ounce of it."

He tried to give a confident smile, but Sonic could see the doubt in his eyes.

"Hey, how about a sleepover? Just tonight, if you'd like." His friend seemed to be a bit grateful at his offer, not wanting to be left alone. He nods in agreement.