04 - Pack Mentality

Friday, January 15th, 2007 - 04:32am

The hunting party, who came into the woods with an ideal plan to kill the Beast that stalked South Park, had changed their attitude entirely. Finding the police badge that belonged to the Deputy Sheriff had put a somber mood amongst the members. Following the scarce trail for a while, they found other belongings of [M/N], such as his ripped clothing, gun belt, that still had the pistol tucked inside, handcuffs, and even his wallet.

The boys picked up what they could, intent on returning them to [M/N]'s home, as they belonged with his family. "You'd think there would be blood or somethin'..." Kenny mentions quietly, inspecting the Deputy's wallet. Opening it, the Netherborn saw some cash, only a few dollars, an I.D card and a picture, that was tucked away securely. He briefly looked to the side, seeing if anyone was looking, before pulling out the photo. It was a picture of a younger [M/N], along with some of his friends, Kenny included. This seemed to be taken at some water park, during summer, some years ago. The blonde sighed, placing it back in the wallet, before placing it in his coat's pocket. "Better days..."

Bumping into Stan, who had stopped in his tracks, caused the blonde to huff in annoyance, his rare angered personality coming out due to the recent situation development. "Fuck, Stan, keep movin'..." Kenny grunts, moving around the smaller raven haired male, but soon remained stationary too, as he saw what the other had been looking.

"There someone over there..." Stan whispered, gaining the attention of the rest. They all slowly regrouped where Stan and Kenny were standing, gazing over towards the mysterious figure, who was a good length away from them, though they could see, just barely. "... Is that dude fuckin' naked?" Clyde questioned, quickly getting hushed by Tolkien.

The figure didn't seem to notice the group, and as it came out the brush more, they could clearly see it was indeed a naked male, with shaggy black hair and weird body proportions. Kyle squinted, seeing the facial features of the creature, they were different but so familiar. Gasping in realisation, the redhead looking towards the rest. "That's Kevin Stoley...!" He whisper shouted, watching as the animalistic looking Kevin was slowly traversing across the ground, getting closer to something.

"Didn't he, like, go missing... just last week?" Stan asked, furrowing his brows at the scene before them.

Kevin looked around, glowing grey eyes peered around the horizon, but luckily not spotting the boys, who had turned their lights off and crouched by some bushes. He licked his narled lips, tongue wiping over his fangs as he spots what he smelled a few miles back. A half eaten Stag. Wasn't his kill though, not being nearly as big or strong enough to take it down himself. But in his wolfish greed, he wanted the second pickings. He snarled, seeing all the good parts had been eaten, and the scent of a larger male had been sprayed all over the fresh corpse. Taking one more wary look around himself, he dug into the carcass, jagged teeth and sharp claws tearing pieces of muscle, fat and flesh to devour. Blood quickly stained around his hands, face and mouth, dripping down his slightly hairy chest and arms. He hadn't eaten anything as good as this before, despite the best pickings not being his, but he barely savoured any taste, greedily shoving the raw meat into his mouth, trying to get his fill.

"What the fuck..." The group thinks in unison, weirded out by the pale, naked teen eating a dead deer. "What should we do...?" Clyde mutters, now unsure of the plan. They couldn't just shoot Kevin, they'd known the guy since childhood, even as quirky and weird as he was before, they couldn't leave him here, like this. The group whispered amongst themselves, slightly bickering at what approach they should take.

"He looks... sick? Maybe we should get him to the hospital?" Tolkien muttered, getting a stingy look from Craig. "Sick?! He's eating a deer carcass like an animal...!" The tall raven haired male chides quietly, looking back over towards Kevin. Something bubbled inside Craig, his gut telling him that this didn't feel right, alongside with a creeping sensation that something bad was going to happen soon. He kept his rifle close, finger near the trigger just in case.