63

Don't be mad at me...but....😬

| Taylor House, 7 AM |

Zac's eyes squeezed tighter, pressing the snooze button on his phone for the third time this morning. He pushed the thick comforter over his body as his head laid right on Fatima's side, like clockwork. Fatima's hand rested on his beard from last night as she massaged his beard right to sleep. They spent a lot of quality time the past few days as Zac leaves today for a road game across the country, spanning a few days. The Falcons are leaving a day before game day and then they return home a day after the game.

Fatima and Zac haven't dealt with being away from each other this long, she was thankful that when they met and began dating last year, it was towards the end of the season where the last few games were home games minus the away game in Chicago.

His phone lying on the nightstand, on Do Not Disturb, like every night. Only a few selected contacts could get passed the notification which meant he couldn't hear his teammates calling him all morning.

He fell back into a deep slumber, wrapping his arms around her belly and adjusting his head. This only lasted about 10 minutes before he felt his body jerk from Fatima's sudden movements.

Fatima's phone began to ring, accompanied by the sound of vibrations sounding throughout the room. Her head shot up from silk pillowcase, squinting around the room until she noticed it was her phone that was ringing. Removing her phone from the charger, she kept her eyes closed as she answered the phone, laying back down.  "Hello?"

"Good morning, big head and bigger stomach. How you doing on this fine Friday morning?" Preston asked while Danni snickered in the background. "I'm good. What do you want?" She yawned looking down at Zac still sleeping.

"Tell yo Fiancée with them big lips and bigger forehead, to wake up. NOW!" Preston yelled dramatically, causing her to pull the phone away from her ear. "He got the coach calling my phone all early, and y'all know ion like talking this early...so you know what that means? That's y'all ass!" She closed her eyes a little bit before hanging up, laying her head back on the pillow, sighing a few times, she was spoiled by him. She could make it a few days without him but to her, it felt like four years. Unfortunately, this is life. She has a job, she herself has to commit too, and she has Junior to look after.

After a few minutes of just staring off into space, regretting being an independent woman, she tapped his face a few times and waited for him to wake up. "Zac? Wake up, baby." She spoke softly to him, just enough to see him stir in his sleep before his eyes opened.

"Mmmm? You good? Princess aight?" He questioned almost immediately, rubbing his eye in a circular motion before looking at her completely. She chuckled because he is always quick to see if her or princess was good. "Yeah, it's time for you to get up and head to the facility. Preston said they been calling you for the pre check in" She spoke.

He smacked his lips. "Pre check-in is stupid. Ain't nothing but them calling to make sure all the players are up and on the way. They gonna know if I'm on the way, if they see my black ass or not." He laid back down kissing her leg a few times. "Matter fact, I'm not going no more, call Preston and let him know. They need to start the back up QB or something."

She ignored his comment, sliding off the bed, so she could stretch properly. Her body ached in ways she couldn't even imagine, she had no idea if it was the pregnancy or the intense workload she put on herself. "You hear me?" He yawned, throwing one of his arms over his eyes and putting the other in his pajamas. "Why not?" She asked looking at the 'fuck boy' pose he was doing right now.

"Cause what if princess come early?" He asked leaning up some to look at her. "And Ion wanna be without you or son son, I need you mama." He spoke licking his lips, she couldn't deny how sweet and cute he was being, but a job is a job. He technically had 5 months off and it was time to earn that money.