The comfort

Two weeks went by, and everything was... Simple. Wanda had started to become less and less more awkward, yet less talkative by the moment. She felt comforted by the people around her, but as soon as they were gone, she would dwell in her little hole in her mind, and think. She was succumbing slowly with a foul process.

Vision walked up to her one of those days, just as she was in her mind, wandering. She stared out the bedroom window, pj's and all, crossing her arms. In a daze.

"You're eating less." Vision stated this with distaste.

Wanda shrugged.

"I ate a lot last night..."

"Yes, you did. But how are you to argue with me when I say you threw it all up afterwards?"

Wanda scrunched her nose slightly. Refusing to look at him.

"It did not settle well vith me." She said crossing her arms stubbornly.

"Ah. And I suppose all of the other nights, the food did not appeal to you, either? Optically discerning you threw them up in 'hiding'."

After she did not reply to his very true statement he started to feel an odd feeling growing inside him. He had felt the slightest bit of anger and frustration before, but this was different.

Before he knew what he was doing he grabbed her hands, and made her look at him.

"You can not proceed in doing this, Wanda." He said in a stern voice that shocked Wanda out of her daze. "If you do, you will become very sick, as if you aren't already, and after that you can die. Do yo-" he closed his eyes. "Do you realize how disappointing that would be for me, Clint, Laura and so many others?"

Wanda had never heard someone say so much words to her in one session other than her brother. Her eyes were wide from the shock. They then slowly started to fill with tears.

Vision's eyes softened, and Wanda couldn't help it. She had kept herself distant with him the last week, and had barely said anything to anyone. She flung her arms around his neck and cried into the krook of his neck.

"I von't... I von't know vaht's wrong with me. Every time I see something nice, funny, or happy... I get sad Pietro isn't here to see zem." Most of her words were muffled, but luckily, Vision was an expert in different languages, so this was not complex.

"They say you get betteer as you go along, vut... I only feel like I'm getting vorse."

Vision watched as she wrapped her arms even tighter around his neck, and realized she really needed comforting, as strange as it might sound to him.

He, very slowly, and hesitantly, wrapped his own arms around her waist and let her sob into his chest and neck for nearly ten minutes.

During those minutes, Vision had led her to her bed, and let her lay down and cry rather than standing and crying. He sat with his legs out, him sitting straight up, and his back leaning against the headboard, with Wanda curled up next to him; her head resting on his chest, and his arms wrapped firmly around her.

After an hour was over, of his messing with a piece of her hair, and Wanda sniffing— she ceased.
Vision realized the only reason it had stopped, was because she had fallen asleep with her arms tightly wound around him.

He looked down at her, and felt the weird feeling crawl up his spine again. He ignored it, and watched her sleep. It was a peaceful gesture.

She was interesting. Her nose scrunched up every few minutes because of the hair in her face, and her legs wouldn't stop moving. She kept whining after the first thirty minutes, and Vision loosened his grip a bit, and let her situated herself, before his arms took their position back, and let her sleep for the rest of the night such as that.

Her breathing kept the same pace. He tried to think of the most pleasant thoughts.

Big, white, fluffy clouds.

Strawberry's as red as blood.

Children playing in sandboxes, the sun gleaming behind them. The same with a family having a picnic.

All of these seemed to take a different effects on her, but each one made her happy. Sometimes he could even make the creases in her forehead disappear.

After a few hours of thinking pleasant thoughts, Vision couldn't help but feel... protective over her. And the more he thought about it, the more he realized... She was the only one he cared about more than any other human. He cared about all humans, felt it was even a privilege to be among them, but if the world was being destroyed and he felt as if he could only save one person... It would be her.

And surprisingly, he didn't question this feeling.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AWWWWWWWWWWWW