CHAPTER 1

The team was scattered

The team was scattered. In fact, no, the teams because apparently even space and high schools have their own heroes. Either way, the Universe's Mightiest Heroes were scattered to the wind. Across different planets, heck they could be in a different universe for all they knew. Each having their own knowledge of the mission and thus different missions. The Earth team had to keep Vision away from Thanos' children (As well as remove the mind stone) and the space team had to keep Thanos away from Earth.

Neither team was faring well.

Until they did.

They almost had him. They were so close, so damn close. Peter watched it play out in his brain like a movie. He could feel the gauntlet becoming easier to pull as the milliseconds ticked on, he could feel his cells buzzing with excitement at the prospect of they had almost won. Victory was quite literally in his hands!

Then he heard the panic in his mentor's voice. "Don't, don't. Don't engage. We almost got this off!" shit, shit! Peter didn't have time to filter any more distraction in, he had to get this glove off before Thanos woke up and it seemed like this other Peter was going to jeopardise it. Thanos' body shook. Pete guessed that Quill had hit him or something. 'No, no! Stop! Don't be an idiot' he screamed internally, trying to get a better grip. Peter felt Tony let go of the gauntlet and panic spread through his body as he realised– this was up to him! It was his mission to get this stupid thing off of his hand.

He couldn't fail.

"It's coming, it's coming, it's coming!... I got it, I got it!" Peter said quickly.... But he didn't because he should have fallen backwards with his effort of yanking it free– and he did because for a faint second he could feel the air rushing and collapsing behind him, like he was leaning against a boulder that had been moved– yet there was an obstruction and he was pulled in the opposite way–... then he felt the air leaving him as he was pushed backwards and landed roughly  on the alien soil. He saw the antenna woman being flung away. "Oh, God," he said to himself.

Peter cast his web and went to rescue her. He was scared, he was tired and he was pissed. He understood that they weren't robots and that they had emotions, but they also had rationality... But they were heroes for God sake– and Quill was a fully grown man in charge of his own team! He couldn't have held back attacking him after they had gotten the metal glove off of the mad man. Peter kept thinking about that as he wrapped his whole body around the female alien. He readied the spider legs for the oncoming impact, even closing his eyes in anticipation, but that did not happen. "Oh come ON!" he couldn't help but shout; why was this happening all the time. Every time he went into free flow something stopped the normal trajectory. If he believed in fate then he would jump off a building with no parachute and the belief he would somehow be saved by a pigeon or something stupid; it seemed the universe didn't want him going splat any time soon.

"Hey– Kid– you alright?" and then there were frantic hands pulling him away from the girl and the young boy opened his eyes. His surroundings were completely different to that of five seconds ago and he went into overdrive mode. Was Thanos using the reality stone on them? Quill– The stupid idiot– had told them all about his encounter with Thanos on Elsewhere, how the room looked so real but it was so fake. "Kid- Pete!" he snapped out of his panic and came face-to-face with Tony. The man had his suit on but his helmet was retracted and Peter could see a conflict of emotions in his tired eyes. "Calm down, please, we have enough on our plate right now and 'hyperventilating teenager' is not one I want to add to the list," he said, running a hand down his face.