Chapter 2

Memories

Memories.
Are the most beautiful gift for some
While the most dangerous disease for some.

For me it was the latter
Standing in the bustling street of the mall everything was blur for me.

I had trouble breathing, I was literally desperate for air.

"Adii, Adii" Ahvi says shaking me gently "What happened Jaan ? You okay?"
"W-Water" I manage and she nods at my request and goes to the near water cooler to bring water cooler .

"You are having a panic attack!" She shouts as the water makes no change to my position "We need to get to a medical store for an injection"

I clearly don't remember when we are outside the mall and on the roads of Gurugram where people always look as if they are in a hurry.

"You stay here jaan , I'm going to buy the injection" Ahvi says and I just nod .

Minutes pass by but Ahvi doesn't return.
I assume she must've had problem finding a medical store

I sit on one of the benches kept on the footpath

Footsteps approached me and slowly I turned my head to see the people who were approaching me.

Their faces were blur, due to the panic attack and I sat there helpless.

Suddenly someone grabbed my hand
"Oye Hoye, Item . Kya mast lagri hai" one of the two men said
"Aree Bhai , yeh toh bichari ro rahi hai , kuch bhi nahi kar payegi , tsk tsk" the other one said

"LEAVE ME ALONE" I shouted with all my might hoping to catch someone's attention but the shopkeepers could care less.

"Oye ladki , Chilane ki koi jarurat nahi hai" the boy holding my hand said smirking.

Ahvi was still nowhere to be found .
I was helpless.

The boys began to pull me to one of the deserted street despite my protests .

My life was a fucking mess.
I hoped that today would be a good day but God had other plans

They pulled me to a corner and began talking inappropriately.

Tears rushed down my cheeks .
Helpless .
That was what I am.

Suddenly one of them leaned to kiss me but a gasp left his mouth.

"You dare touch her , otherwise you will face the punishments of hell" a deep voice said "Now run before I crack some of your spines ."