The company's party: part 2

...

It was chaos in Bilbo's house. Dwarves every where dragging with furniture and food.

" Those are my... Excuse me, not my wine! Put that back. Put that back! Not the jam, please. Excuse me. Ex...Excuse me. A tad excessive, isn't it? Have you got a cheese knife?" Bilbo said bewildered while directing the dwarfs as much as possible.

"A cheese knife? He eats it by the block."

"No no, that's Grandpa Mungo's chair, no...uh, so is that. Take it back, please. Take it back, this is antique, not for sitting on. Thank you. That is a book, not a coaster. Uh...put that map down."

Meanwhile Gandalf was enjoying everything a lot.

"Excuse me, Mr. Gandalf." Dori said.

"Yes?"

"May I tempt you with a cup of chamomile?"

"Ooh, no thank you, Dori. A little red wine, for me I think."

Waiting on his wine he began to count.

"Uh..Fili, Kili. Uh...Oin, Gloin. Dwalin, Balin. Bifur, Bofur, Bombur. Dori, Nori."

"No, no. Not my prize winners, thank you." Bilbo was desperate.

" Yes, you are quite right, Bifur. We appear to be one dwarf short." Gandalf said.

"He is late, is all. He traveled north to a meeting of our kin, he will come." Dwalin responded and walked away.

Dori comes up to Gandalf with a Hobbit wineglass filled with wine.

"Mr. Gandalf?"

"Hmm?"

"A little glass of red wine as requested, it's got a fruity bouquet."

"Oh, cheers."

Gandalf downs his wine and looked disappointed at it when it was empty.

...

After a while everyone sat at the table filled with food.

"Who wants an ale? There you go."

"Let me have another drink."

"Here you go."

"Hey, on the count of three! One! Two! Come!" Bofur said and every one chucked their ale at once, dripping along their beards.

Once the food was gone the dwarves began clearing the table. Bilbo was walking around looking with astonishment what the dwarves were doing with his priceless crockery and silver wear. Bilbo turned white when he saw one of the dwarves using his mothers doily as a dish cloth.

"Ex...excuse me, that is a doily, not a dish cloth."

"But it's full of holes!" Bofur replied, holding up the doily.

"It's supposed to look like that, it's crochet."

"Oh, and a wonderful game it is too, if you got the balls for it." He said with a grin.

Bilbo stormed out of the kitchen area.

"Be-bother and confiscate these dwarves!"

"My dear Bilbo, what on earth is the matter?" Gandalf asked.

Bilbo got angry at that."What's the matter? I am surrounded by dwarves. What they're doing here?"

"Oh, they're quite a merry gathering, once you get used to them."