part 14

"Yo! Wake up!! Ain't you going to school!?"
I opened my puffy eyes and looked at Tlotlo standing infornt my bed, partially confused how he got into the house, why he's in my room and not at his school, and how tf a grade 6 kid is asking me, a grade 8 kid if I'm going to school or not...

"Nigga!?"
"Relaaaaaaxxxxx, your moms home. I was gone walk you but she asked me to check on you since you been asleep since you came home yesterday,  said you been knocked out a day and a half"
The confusion settled as if he read my mind, but I had no idea my mom was home.....
"So why you here?"
"She kinda called me to ask how you been since you so tough!"
I whinced as he jabbed my stomach
"Come on Lesedi, talk to me..."
"I lost my virginity to Khotso."
"Woah! TMI!!"
"You just don't get it..."
Tlotlos eyes softened and looked to me with concern...
"Ain't he twice your age?? Like 20 or sumn??"
"Off that liquor I didn't have the time to contemplate our 5 year age gap!!!"
"Woah, okay okay, relax......was it because you were upset at *bleep*???"
"Yeah I guess so.....but then again Rori told me I needed a rebound and suggested her brother and then I let the liquor take the wheel...I shoulda went home instead...I shoulda went to your crib or sumn...."
"Chilll, it happened, sooo what??" Tlotlo interrupted my vent
"You're right..."
"But you got school yo, you can't keep skipping days over a nigga!!!"
"Fuuuuuuck!! There's that too!"
"What you gon do?"
"He's writing his exams in a few months, and then he'll be out my face FOREVER, ween meeting in senior ween meeting in college!! I'll be good!"
"If you say so...."

The rest of that day was filled with me smoking my anxiety down. A looooong lecture from my momma bout alcohol and bad decisions. Some home-cooked food, man I just loved my momma cooking! And a visit back to Tlotlos place, this time with my mom....
The anxiety of being same hood as him tickled my throat...I was so far gone at this point nothing seemed hurtful...but I just didn't wanna see him.
I greeted Tlotlos mom and carried his baby sister up to his room with me....
"Does your momma know you got girls in yo room nigga!?"
I said that teasing but he actually had a girl in his room...
I closed the door quick and looked at his baby sister and she just giggled like we was playing some game.....and opened the door again...
"What the fuck just happened??"
"Yeah....nice save" He said while reaching out for his sister
"Nahh but fr....who was that?"
"Nobody....."
I ain't ask questions it was none of my business
"The moms are finally re united....guess who'll be monitoring next week till the years over!!!"
"My nigga!!!! You gon be here!????"
"If yo momma agree"
"Bet"
"Let's go to park, shoot sumn hoops"
"Aight"

Tlotlo and I leave the house to go to the park where we used to play after school...

Minutes into playing, there he was, right outside the fence, with Katlo wrapped around his arm. I pretended not to notice, I just kept playing my emotions out....
His presence no longer meant shit to me, I was done!!