epigraph

"You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness

"You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness."
-Julia Roberts-

THEODORA wasn't unlike any other British child born on July 4, 1996. She was born in a hospital; she was weighed, measured, and swaddled; and she was given to her mother who held her lovingly, as her father looked down at her with a smile.

But being a born into the most famous and successful royal family in the world would prevent the blue eyed baby resting in her mother's arms, from ever having a normal life.

Theodora would live a life riddled with scandal, betrayal, chaos, joy, laughter, and love, all because of the name she would carry. However, the crowd waiting outside the hospital on that warm day to greet the new baby, would never know the extent of the little girl's troubles.

Maybe thats why Theodora was destined to fall in love with an American football star from the moment she was born; on that fateful Independence day.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzche-

PATRICK Mahomes was 9 months and 17 days old on that July 4, 1996.

His mother held onto his small hands tightly, guiding the toddler around their den with care. His mother's friend let out an amused laugh. The television was in the background, running a news report before going to its regular programming of the annual Independence Day baseball classic.

"Buckingham Palace has just released a statement, announcing the birth of the Prince and Princess of Wales's daughter. The announcement reads 'Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales has safely delivered a daughter at 7:45am today. Her Royal Highness and the child are doing well.' We will keep viewers updated as more information about this newest princess is released." A middle aged news anchor read monotonously.

The two women gossiped about the family and the the new child excitedly, hardly noticing the interest of the young toddler.

Of course, Patrick didn't know that the girl was to be the love of his life, seeing as how they were only a babies, but something magical in the air on that day enchanted the little boy.

"Love takes off the masks we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within."
-James Baldwin-

THEIR love was gonna rock the world.

•••