Chapter 1: First love experiences (Love Letter)

Welcome back my dear reader, and be ready for my first anthology in the Mairuma fandom! Kalego and Momonoki are one of my favorite couples, so let's open the repository and write something for them, shall we?

As a classic week, we have 7 prompts, and they will be in this respective order: Love letter, Teaching, Feelings, Seasons, Alternate Universe, Happy Family, and a surprise for the free day hehe.

If you want to hear more about my fics, life and some random stuff, you can find me as @DYP_Lf on twitter. With no more to say, enjoy this new anthology my dear people!

The moons of the Netherworld were already setting to make way for the dawn to break. The first rays of light came out a few at a time and gave the signal that a new day was approaching in Babyls. The first alarm in the main tower of the place was already giving the warning that all the teachers had to get up. Some wanted to have an extra five minutes to rest, others were excited for a new week of teaching, and there were other teachers who simply followed the daily routine as if it were normal.

Kalego on his side already had everything ready for the week. He had his notes and his spells ready, as well as the list of every student in his class and his stamp for those who got bad grades. There was only one more thing to do. Something that, although it seemed simple, took him a whole weekend to do because of how much of a perfectionist he was, and to make sure he would finish on time, he decided not to sleep that night.

He was already used to staying up all night, so it didn't bother him to keep moving in the hours where silence and darkness abounded. For him, it was the best time where he could concentrate on his duties because of the quiet that occurred during those hours. However, he would stay up if it was to review papers or exams. This time, he had stayed up to do something that was new to him.

He was writing a letter to Momonoki.

He remembered when Raim came into his office a few days ago. She always continually teased him about how cold he was to everyone, but that last conversation turned out to be different. She told him that he should express some gratitude with certain demons who genuinely appreciated his presence and continuously helped him. She affirmed to him that his job and his dreams of being a great teacher at Babyls would not have been possible without the support of certain demons, and if had he wanted to go alone against the world, he probably would have come off as a common demon, someone with a precarious teaching system, or Sullivan would have simply removed his employment contract for being a total jerk.

Kalego wanted to show his anger because those comments were already starting to irritate him, but he hated to admit that Raim was right. There were demons who held his hand through all his stages in Babyls, demons who put up with how cantankerous he was. At the very least he should express a thank you to those few who stood by him through it all. According to Raim, he should stop being Kalego for two minutes and show his friends that he wasn't a gray rock.

He decided to follow her idea so that she would finally leave him alone, asking her what she would recommend him to do as a thank you. Kalego was thinking of doing something formal, something that would not be so noticeable and follow the protocols of the high-ranking families of the Netherworld.

Raim couldn't help but tell him that it was boring his way of thinking, but seeing his tastes, he said that the best way to express his thanks and appreciation to someone was with a special letter. A letter where he would show all his sincerity to a specific demon and express the affection he might feel for this one, of course, if he understood what "affection" was.

And when she finished speaking, Raim gave the instant recommendation of who he should give a special letter to. Morax Momonoki.

For a moment, he was surprised at how quickly Raim mentioned Momonoki's name. But he knew why she mentioned her friend. Momonoki was the only one on the school staff who helped him every day of the week, plus the two of them shared a long-standing history. From having a mentor-apprentice relationship to having a fully professional relationship where they both worked to protect their treasures, she was practically the only person he didn't hate even in his worst dreams.