Chapter 6: Final challenge (Happy Family)

"What a good night to have a family dinner."

"The situation called for it, brother."

Kalego remembered that his brother once told him that, if he wanted to make a decision in a new field or in certain things that he had doubts about, he could talk to him without problems. And although the Narnia that he had in front of him now wasn't the same Narnia that he had seen as a child, he knew that at the end of the day he was his brother, of course, until he did anything bad or stupid directly against his students.

He needed his word of confirmation on an issue that he had had doubts about for a long time, and although he knew that he was someone capable of making decisions without problems, what was pending was an issue that indirectly involved his family.

And now, on that table, were three important demons. Kalego, Narnia and Momonoki; who was the special guest and the demon who was going to be the center of the conversation.

"It's nice to see you again little brother, seriously. Although I know you understand that my duties have been heavy since I had to take on new positions and I can't be at home much, your message about this being a family topic caught my attention."

"I'm glad you understood. And yes, it is a situation that involves our blood."

"And I see you brought a guest. Professor Morax Momonoki from Babyls, right? A pleasure to see you here."

Momonoki jumped a little in surprise upon hearing her name.

"G-good night Mr. Narnia." Momonoki said nervously since she was talking to one of the 13 crowns.

Kalego helped Momonoki to introduce her to his brother, who had had a different image since he took over one of the 13 crowns. He explained to her about his history and his achievements, in addition to being one of the most important members in the Naberius family now. While they were talking, the chef arrived with food ready for the three demons, high-quality food that Narnia and Kalego could order very easily thanks to their family being linked to the crowns.

They began to eat the freshly baked chicken, slowly enjoying the taste of the food as if it were the last dish they were going to eat. The aroma of the food made anyone instantly hungry, and none of the demons could deny that they were enjoying a feast at that moment.

"Ok, you can say that's what's going on. I'm all ears." Narnia said, knowing that the dinner had a special purpose.

"Alright. Momonoki, you have the word."

Once Kalego gave Momonoki the pass, she took a breath, preparing to speak.

"Well, the reason is that... let's say that Kalego and I were... dating as a couple for quite a while. You know that relationships in the Netherworld have a lot of value these days in big families like ours, and we understand this too. However... we haven't had any problems, he is probably the best man I could have ever met in my life, and he thinks the same as me, and therefore, we both made a decision. We want to take our relationship to another level... and we are going to get married."

"Ok?"

Narnia's response was direct, and unlike other members of Kalego's family, he didn't sound very surprised per se. Momonoki felt like she had said something wrong, but she continued talking.

"Now, I would like you to accept this marriage. Kalego told me how important you have been to his life and knowing that his response is important not only to me, but to Kalego especially, I wish that... you would accept the decision he makes with me."

Narnia continued eating, not expressing much emotion at the time. Compared to Momonoki, he seemed very calm. Once he finished eating his share of his chicken, he spoke again.