Chapter 5: First approach (Alternate Universe)

Time for an Alternate Universe my friends! This time, we are going with Swap Personalities AU, where Momonoki will be the tough teacher with cold feelings and Kalego will be the sweet and friendly teacher of the staff.

Enjoy it!

Halfway through the week and only half the work was done. The tasks of the Babyls teachers were immense and meant a big burden. Everyone who was in charge of teaching at the school knew it. However, that didn't mean that they worked like slaves every day, because at the end of the day they had their recess and their lunchtime, and after school they could enjoy the benefits of the teaching staff that Babyls had, which also included free dormitories. so that they do not have problems getting around.

At that moment, another day of classes had already ended and all the teachers were heading to the teachers' room to leave their daily reports and go to review certain works that they might have pending there. Although everyone was sharing a good mood after a good day, they could be divided into two groups: One where some teachers focused entirely on writing and putting scores without trying to distract themselves, and another where some of them sought to chat to distract themselves.

Kalego was one of those in the second group. He knew that classes sometimes didn't allow him to have direct contact with some of his colleagues, so he took advantage of that break to talk with Balam and any other professor who wanted to talk to him. He was someone open to everyone, in addition of being someone determined to get to know his colleagues and students better in order to fulfill his dream of being a Babyls teacher. He always showed an innocent smile and a sincere personality that made him endeared by many at the school.

Suddenly, the doors of the room opened, giving the entrance to a figure known to all the teachers at Babyls who had already finished their shift.

"Teacher Momonoki! Good afternoon!" almost everyone said in unison.

Huge noise and a lot of discomfort for her. It was the last thing she needed after having a stressful day.

"Silence." She said.

Some laughed lightly before returning to their seats and letting Momonoki make her way to her table. They sensed that she had had a tough class with the first years, so now she needed some rest and some tea.

Her cold personality and domineering walk made the students see her as someone who was strict and someone who didn't like games or pranks, at least 95% of them. However, her colleagues saw Momonoki as someone who was basically like them, only she needed to be less boring and sometimes take fun initiatives because, although everyone's main objective was to be guides for the school students, it didn't mean that they have to be 100% cold towards the students and their colleagues.

Momonoki ignored most of her colleagues, only giving short answers to avoid a long conversation. She just wanted to finish her daily reports and put up her notes from her last exam so she could go to her dorm. A good rest and a talk with her grandpa were what she needed after another hard day of school.

Kalego couldn't help but follow his gaze at the teacher who showed a unique and extraordinary image. An image that was always in his head since he had entered Babyls, and the image of someone who was part of a powerful family such as the Morax. He was impressed to see her character and the seriousness she brought to her work; however, he was also a believer that she had a fun and cute side if one got to know her better.

Momonoki finally reached her table and looked at Kalego who was sitting at the opposite table. She realized that he was focusing his gaze on her, perhaps wanting to ask something that he had doubts about.