Prologue

(POV of Skylar)

It's always been my dream to travel the world. To fly in airplanes, to swing from vines in Arizona, to stand on the Eiffel Tower in Paris, to visit the Statue of Liberty in New York. Here in Atlanta, life is good, but still I long for the breathtaking adventures that live right here on this very earth. So, when I heard that our class was going on a trip to London, I just had to sign up.

As I put my name on the sign up sheet, I noticed a name that I was hoping wasn't there. Jayden. It's not like I have BAD history with him, it's more like a.. complicated situation? I liked him a lot, I really did, but sometimes you just have to let things go. I figured since I was going away for a year, AND he wasn't really giving me any signs that he even liked me at all, I might as well try to get rid of this crush. So, here I am, ignoring him and trying not to make any sort of contact with him. It didn't really look like he cared, though. Since he didn't care, I tried not to care too. When I finished signing up, I saw my friends behind me waiting to sign up too.

(Cali pov)

"Hey guys!" Skylar said to us. "Hey sky!" She just got done sighing up for the trip to London and I was so excited when I went up and saw both hers AND Jayden's names on the list. I thought this was the perfect time to go through with my plan that I've been working on. I immediatly ran to our other friends to fill them in on the plan. This was going to happen no matter what. I knew it would be hard, due to the sudden change of heart Sky's had, but I was gonna make it work. I went straight home to conjure up some ideas. I went to go get snacks and ended up getting distracted watching movies all night. But I was still going to make it work. I picked up my phone and pressed the button. By the end of the night, only one goal was clear.

Get Skylar and Jayden together.

- End of  Prologue -

386 words