VI: touch

LANE

I want to touch it.

I want to touch Julius' hair.

And play with it.

Don't get me wrong, but it looks so soft and yummy. I want to rip it off his head and never give it back to him. But I can't do that.

I sigh, disappointed.

"What's wrong?" I snap out of my thoughts when I hear his voice and I realize that we're still on our way to my house. With my lack of money and not wanting Julius to spend his money on me, we are going back home, unfortunately.

"Nothing." I don't want to go back home. I don't want to be all alone again in my room.

Even if we know each other for only a week, I feel like Julius is my best friend. Everyday I wait for him to text me and he does, it makes me so happy to have a friend like him. To have a best friend like him. I consider him one, but what about him? Does he think of me as his best friend?

"We're here." I should stop zoning out. It always startles me when people say something and I flinch because I was zoned out. "See you..." I interrupt him.

"Uhm, if you want to, we can hang out at mine for a while. You will get to see Loki." Did I just invite a boy into my house? Yes. Am I feeling nervous? Absolutely.

His eyes are wide open and stays speechless for a moment but then grins at me. "I'd love to." My stomach does weird things that makes me feel things.

Why do I feel like this whenever I am around Julius? Why do I feel so nervous about him? Why does he make my face red whenever he compliments me or says something flirty jokingly?

We step inside my apartment and I am proud and grateful that I decided to clean the house to day. I hear a 'meow' below me and I look down to see Loki welcoming me back.

I pick her up and show it to Julius. "Say hi to Julius, Loki." I sweet-talk to her, even if she doesn't understand what I am saying.

She looks at him then she jumps down and goes to him, clinging around him to pick her up. He picks her and kisses her head. "Hi, little girl." He hugs her like she's a baby in his arms.

"Let's go in my room." He nods, agreeing and I lead him there. We enter, I take a look around my room, thinking what does he feel about my room? It's plain a little, no posters or pictures on the wall, or toys laying around. I have light purple walls, a queen size bed with grey bed sheets, a white wardrobe and table and a white and purple curtains.

I really liked purple when I was a kid.

Before we moved here, I was seven years old and my mom let me choose how my room to be, I was excited that I could do that and immediately said purple.

"I like your room." Julius says and I find myself blushing, I say thank you and signal him to sit down on the bed next to me.

He comes with Loki still in his arms. How does she like staying in his but not in mine or others? Julius must really have that effect on everyone.

"Do you only live with your mom?" He asks me all of a sudden. I nod.

"Yeah, my parents are divorced, but my dad still visits me sometimes." I continue, "What about you?"