Chapter 29 - A Phenex and A Dragon.

An alarm began blaring as the moon shone onto Issei's room. Said the boy found himself surrounded as Raynare, Rias, and Akeno held tightly onto him. Filling the rest of the bed were Xenovia, Asia, and Koneko.

Quickly rising out of bed, Issei began going through his usual routine. However,  having a gym in his home he just walked down to the basement. As he was approaching the entrance to the room he could hear the sound of thumping echoing in the room.

Usually, Issei could expect to find Koneko or Xenovia training but they were still sleeping. As he walked into the room he found the tomboy rook of Sona punching a sandbag. Each blow causes the bag to bounce violently before coming back down to be met with another. Issei decided not to just stand and watch as he walked into the gym. "Good morning." Said the boy as he walked over to a padded floor to start working up.

"M-morning!" Said the girl suddenly startled.

As she turned to look over to where Issei was, she found the boy stretching before he would start his workout. "Since I've caught you here, is it okay if we have a spar afterward?" Said the girl no longer flustered from the sudden scare.

"Sure, how about a quick fight before I work out." Said Issei with a smirk as he flexed all of his muscles to get his body loose.

The two walked over to a high-intensity fighting ring made to take punishment for power attacks. "So what are the rules, obviously nothing other than our hands but any restriction?" Asked Issei.

"None, just a purely physical fight, nothing more than your natural strength."

"I wouldn't say anything natural about our strength." Joked Issei as he wrapped his wrists and ankles.

"I am a kicker, do you want me to cut back on kicks?" Asked Issei as he finished putting on his protective gear.

"No! I want to test out my fighting style against yours." Said the rook as she put her arms up in a boxer's stance.

"Hehe, alright then." Laughed Issei as he took hold of the ropes pulling himself up as he flipped in the air landing in the ring.

"Show off." Smiled Tsubasa as she climbed into the ring.

Yura put her arms up, tucking her fists under her chin as she began bouncing on the heels of her feet. "Are you sure boxing is the best way to fight me?" Asked Issei as he took his stance.

"I just want to see if it works." Said the blue-haired rook as she walked forward.

Issei took a step forward with Yura starting with a straight right. Issei took the first hit as his head shot back slightly. "I wasn't expecting you to start so suddenly." Smiled Issei as he saw another fist flying towards him.

Yura was taking the spar seriously, she didn't reply as her face was deadly serious. This time however issei weaved and began to dodge all of the girls' jabs. She continued trying to hit with different combos, Jabs, straights, and hooks. All the while Issei continued dodging each strike.

As Issei ducked down under a left hook Yura smirked as she quickly turned shifting her weight with her hip and thrust her body forward as she went in with a right uppercut. Issei however didn't lean back but instead sped up downwards bringing his head closer to the rising fist.  Issei dropped safely as he lowered himself below the trajectory of the uppercut. As soon as he was low to the ground Issei placed his palms flat on the surface of the ring and turned his body sweeping Yura by the feet.

The girl was dropped to the floor by Issei's first attack. "KYA!" yelled the girl as she fell dropping on her back.

"Ugh, why didn't that work? You weren't moving much faster than I was and you managed to avoid each attack? How?" Asked Yura.