episode 6

- episode six | confrontation -

Previously on 'Single's Inferno 2':

Sejeong chuckles, noting Aria's reserved tone. "Hmm, you don't sound overly enthusiastic, Aria-ssi."

Aria shakes her head, seeking to clarify. "Oh, no. It's not that at all. Dongwoo-ssi is great, but... I just didn't feel that deeper connection between us, you know? Not in that romantic way, anyway," she explains with sincerity.

-

The intercom chimes, its announcement breaking the stillness of the room. "The hottest inferno in the world, Single's Inferno," the master's voice begins, sparking immediate interest among the girls. "Today, you will be going on dates, freely, in Inferno." Excitement fills the air as the girls gasp in anticipation. "Take some time today with the person you want and get to know each other."

-

A familiar voice calls out, causing a ripple of intrigue to sweep through the room.

"Can i come in for a second?"

The girls heads turn in unison toward the source of the sound as the tent zipper begins to open, revealing Yoongjae's face.

"Aria-ssi, do you have time?" His voice is earnest, carrying a sense of urgency and curiosity.

----

As Aria and Yoongjae stroll along the shoreline, the gentle breeze tousles their hair, and the rhythmic sound of waves fills the air. Both of them tread carefully, their eyes fixed on the granules of sand beneath their feet, a silent acknowledgment of the unspoken tension lingering between them.

Sensing the need to break the uneasy silence, Aria decides to initiate a conversation, her voice soft yet determined. "Isn't the weather beautiful today?" she remarks, hoping to dissolve the awkwardness enveloping them.

Yoongjae, opting for directness, steers away from pleasantries. "Aria-ssi, why do you make me feel jealous when jealousy isn't usually my thing?" he questions, his gaze shifting to meet hers, seeking answers in her reaction.

A nervous laughter escapes Aria's lips, prompting a mirrored response from Yoongjae. She averts her gaze momentarily, taken aback by his candid inquiry. "How am I making you jealous, Oppa-ssi?" she queries, her tone tinged with curiosity.

Yoongjae shakes his head, grappling with the complexity of his emotions, yet maintaining a faint smile. "You chose Dongwoo-ssi. Why?" he probes, his voice laced with a blend of vulnerability and curiosity.

Aria's laughter punctuates the tension, though her nerves betray her composure. "I was merely testing if my feelings toward him were purely platonic," she confesses, attempting to navigate through the maze of her emotions under his scrutiny.

Yoongjae nods, a sense of relief washing over him, albeit tempered by a lingering trace of jealousy. "And what did you discover?" he inquires, eager for clarity amidst the uncertainty.

Aria nods affirmatively, her eyes meeting his with newfound resolve. "My feelings toward him are nothing more than friendly," she asserts, a subtle shift in the atmosphere palpable between them.

Yoongjae exhales audibly, a semblance of contentment coloring his features. "That's reassuring. Did you enjoy your time with him?" he probes, seeking reassurance in her response.

Aria's smile widens at the change in his demeanor, her eyes reflecting a mix of amusement and curiosity. "Yes, we had a great time," she affirms, meeting his gaze with sincerity. "And you, Oppa? Did you have fun with Seoeun-ssi?" she inquires, her curiosity piqued by his experience.