Chapter 4 - Burn Marks

TW Chapter mentions scenarios of Self Harm and Self Loathing

I couldn't believe I said those things sincerely and he was listening to music the whole time.

The guys were going to continue the night so I offered to take Giselle home. I pulled up on her street when she cursed. "Can you park a little away from the house?" She asked.

"Is everything ok?" I asked.

"No, my step-dad is home and I don't like to be here when he's here. All he does is nag and talk about how great his biological children are." She rolled her eyes.

"My mom isn't home a lot if you wanted to stay at my house," I offered. I never invited anyone over before and I don't know what came over me to do so, but she had already done so much for me.

"Really?" She asked and I nodded. "I'm going to sneak in and pack a bag and I'll be right out." She hopped out of the car and I watched as she slipped into a window. I locked the doors and turned the lights off so I could sit unnoticed in the dark. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out to a random number.

'I'll keep this night in mind. The betrayal you displayed. I tried to be kind, but you didn't want to stay. You have only yourself to blame for what I do next. You have no idea of the fire you lit in me. I'll clean your mess. You know what I mean,' It read.

I knew who it was. It was plain as day. I screenshotted the message and forwarded it to my investigator. I knew what she was going to say. They would need my phone to see if they could track the number, but we know they won't. He was rich. He knows what he's doing. Blake is smart and manipulative.

In the messages he was talking about me being around other boys. The betrayal. His anger. The fire. Getting me back under his control. My mess. He was weirdly obsessed with riddles and poems. I should have seen that as red flag number one. I was blinded by the gifts he would give me. How he would love and pamper me. I confined in him in my situation and he used it against me.

I jumped when Giselle knocked on my window and I unlocked the door. I shut my phone off and we drove away to my home. "Thanks for waiting for me. Surprisingly no one was home so I took a quick rinse."

I chuckled, "I understand. You did fall into that pile of dirt."

"I still blame Luis. He pulled me off of Iker." She huffed. We neared my street. "Is your mom a nurse?" She asked.

"Uh no. Why?"

"Whose that woman in those... tight scrubs?" She pointed.

There was my mom in overly tight scrubs and fake hospital tools and a bag standing on the sidewalk. I parked in the driveway. "Mom what are you wearing?" I frowned.

"Costume party Daisy," She groaned. "Can we not have this conversation right now I'm hungover."

"It's nine thirty PM how are you hungover?" I rolled my eyed.

She glared at me and I threw my hands down in defeat. A car pulled up and she hopped into it. "I'll be back tomorrow." She said.

I locked my door and Giselle followed me into my home. I groaned upon seeing all the bottles everywhere and the kitchen a mess. This is why I don't bother going into her room.

"I-I'm so sorry for the mess. She is just..."

"Hey don't worry about it," Giselle said picking up a few bottles.

"What are you doing?" I asked halting in my steps.

"Helping you clean silly," She chuckled. "Do you have a trash bag?"