14. What a Mistake-a to make-a

Luke's POV

Shit I thought. Instinct must've kicked in and thought he was Zack.

I didn't exactly know what to do. All I could do was just stop hugging him and hope he didn't realise. I couldn't tell neither him or Zack about this for sure; they'd both go haywire. I didn't want Scott to know anything he shouldn't about me, so I decided it was best to keep my mouth shut.

I simply slipped my arms out from around Scott as I quietly turned over to my other side as to make sure I didn't do it again.

I felt like I'd betrayed Zack or something, even though he wasn't here. I had to tell him or something, but I didn't want to. It was a difficult decision to make, but I decided it was best if I just told Zack when I got back to Zootopia so it wouldn't loom over me like some of the other stuff that's happened to me over the years. That's when I realised something. I swear I could hear snoring. It wasn't Scott, he was dead silent. I got up quietly and made my way towards the fence. I looked over it to see what it was. I stepped back and gasped as I realised something very odd. In the process of doing this, I tripped over Scott's legs and fell, waking him up in the process.

"Ow." He groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"Sorry, but there's something I want you to see." I lied, getting up. I took him to the fence and he looked over it. He too saw what I saw and looked at me.

"Is that a person?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Who?" He asked.

"I'm not looking." I replied. If there was one thing I didn't like, it was approaching strangers. More-so, sleeping strangers.

"I can't just go over there and see who it is." Scott hissed.

"Well we can't stand here doing nothing." I said.

"Then you go over and look," Scott replied. "'Cause I'm not doing it."

I bit my lip as I looked at the fence. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before walking towards it and taking a leap over it.

I landed next to the person. I had no idea who it was or why they were here, but I had to make sure it wasn't some creep or some spy. I carefully stepped over their body to get a better look at their face. I looked at it. I blinked, looked at it again. I was hallucinating, right? Surely it wasn't-

His eyes flashed open suddenly, making me jump. He looked at me for a second, then a second more. I hadn't seen those beautiful green, glistening eyes in days. I missed them so very much. He smiled as he got up.

"Luke." He said.

"Zack." I replied. Zack ran towards me and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back.

"I missed you so much." He said, gripping at the back of my shirt.

"I missed you more." I replied, hugging him tighter.

"I missed you most," He said, coming out of the hug and giving me a gentle kiss on the cheek. "Why did you come here?"

"I went for a walk." I replied.

"Oh come on," He said. "Why did you really come here?"

"I wanted to see the world before I was born, see if it was anything like Zootopia these days." I replied.

"Why didn't you take me with you?" He asked. I simply shrugged my shoulders.

"You know this guy?" Scott asked, leaning on the fence.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Well, aren't you going to introduce me to him?" Scott asked.

"He's called Zack, he's uh.." I stuttered.

"I'm his boyfriend." Zack finished the sentence for me. Scott looked at the both of us for a second., then again.

"Cool," He said, smiling. I sighed a sigh of relief. "I don't think I've ever met a homosexual before, let alone two."

We both laughed nervously as we climbed over to the base. All 3 of us sat down on some stools that looked like they'd been taken from the eating area for the Pure & Simple restaurant.

"How and why did you come here?" I asked Zack.

"I came here to look for you and I used Madge's machine." He replied.

"Sorry to interrupt your little moment, but are we going to the future?" Scott asked.

"It could screw up the timeline." Zack said. Scott looked at me as if to say 'You didn't tell me that.'

"It won't." I said.

"Come on, he's a nineties kid, he won't understand the future." Zack said.

"Eighties." Scott corrected him.

"We're just going like ten years, nothing too drastic is different then." I said.

"Okay I'll make you a deal," Zack offered. "I'll go to the future with you and this guy-"

"Scott." Scott interrupted.

"Okay," Zack replied. "With you and Scott, just as long as you promise me this."

"What?" I asked.

"We go to Pasadena in 1989 either afterwards or before." He replied.

"Pasadena? But I've already been there." Scott said.

"Really? When?" Zack asked.

"Coincidentally about six years ago, so 1989." Scott replied.

"Really?" Zack said, stroking his chin.

"What are you trying to achieve?" I asked. "There's not much reason you'd be so invested in this unless you were obsessed with something."

"As a matter of fact, I am," Zack replied. "I just want to see a couple of buildings, then we can go. It'll be quick, like an hour."

"What buildings?" Scott asked.

"Only John Muir High School and a nearby neighbourhood." Zack replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"If we time it correctly, you'll see." Zack replied.

Zack always wanted to have some kind of mystery when it came to his obsessions. Sometimes he'd get obsessed with stupid little things like VHS Tapes or some comic he found online, and for the next few weeks he'd drop hints and references about whatever it was. It got quite annoying, but after a while I started taking interest to it as some of the stuff he was learning from these obsessions tied into stuff I liked looking at. I remember a couple weeks ago he showed me a 10 minute video he had saved on his computer from YouTube that was a ton of behind the scenes footage for some movie or short or something he watched when he was a kid.

"Let's go to Bristol in 2005 first, then we'll go to Pasadena in 1989, then we'll go home." I suggested.

"Perfect." Zack replied.

"Sounds good." Scott said.