41. Dilemma

Luke's POV

Me and Legoshi were both in bed. He was still in a mixture of being upset and angry, so he didn't exactly talk to me a lot. I understood that I should've told him about going into his mum's room sooner, but I don't know why he couldn't accept that Riz had changed through his time in prison. Sure, he escaped but that doesn't mean he hasn't changed. I guess it wasn't fair to assume that Riz had changed for the better because I didn't know him when the whole thing between them happened, but one would assume that someone would change, especially after being banged up for murder.

Usually, Legoshi fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow, but tonight I could tell he was wide awake as I heard no snoring and he was tossing and turning like a madman.

"What's wrong?" I asked after a few frustrating minutes of him flipping around.

"Can't sleep." He replied.

"Thanks captain obvious," I said sarcastically. "Why can't you sleep?"

"There's a murderer sleeping on our couch, my boyfriend went snooping around my mum's room. You know, nothing much." He replied.

"Oh come on," I said. "It can't be that bad."

"That's easy for you to say," He said. "You barely know Riz. He pretends to be all nice and soft, but as soon as you turn your back he's as nasty as the next criminal."

"What if you're wrong this time?" I asked. "Sure, he could've been all mean and nasty back then, but that's not now. Since that fight you had, he could've severely changed, you just won't know until you give him a chance."

Legoshi sighed.

"If he turns out to not have changed, we'll get rid of him. Agreed?" He offered.

"Sure." I said, giving up. Legoshi wrapped his arms around me.

"I'll try and sleep now." He said.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I was back. I was back in the white void.

"Ugh," I moaned, sitting up. "What do you want now?"

"I've come to congratulate you," Simon said, standing. "Well done by the way."

"You can't possibly have brought me here just to congratulate me." I spat, getting up and moving towards him.

"You know me too well," He purred. "You need to get rid of that bear."

"Why?" I asked, taken aback a little.

"He'll ruin your relationship with wolfboy." He replied.

"How so?" I asked.

"Wolfboy hates that bear with ever fibre of his being," He replied. "If he remains, eventually he'll snap and throw the both of you out."

"That's not true," I spat. "You're just a figment of my thoughts, you have no idea about the outcome of this."

"Maybe you're right," He said. "You might also be wrong."

"So might you." I said.

"We'll just have to see how it turns out then, eh?" He said. "Good luck coping with these new thoughts."

He waved before everything faded and I shot awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up quickly, looking around at everything. It all seemed so unfamiliar for a moment before my brain switched itself on. I breathed a sigh of relief as I looked over at Legoshi, who was still asleep, before getting up and making my way downstairs.

I heard noises coming from the kitchen as I approached the bottom of the stairs. I tensed up for a second as I thought an intruder may be in our house, cautiously looking around the corner to see Riz cooking himself breakfast. He looked over at me and cocked his head.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Sorry," I replied. "I though there was an intruder."

"Don't worry, I'm not intruding," He said, buttering some toast. Then, he stopped and held his head for a moment. "Ow."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Medication," He replied. "You don't happen to have honey around here do you?"

I simply shook my head. He turned back to his toast, getting another slice and buttering it also. I made my way over to the fridge and opened it to find basically nothing but an assortment of vegetables.

Well, I thought. It's all we have so I might as well enjoy it.

I took a carrot out and started eating it. I hated raw carrots, but I had to make do with it until Legoshi got a job.

"How come a fox is eating a carrot?" Riz asked after a moment.

"There's nothing else in the fridge." I replied, pointing to the fridge.

I made my way out of the kitchen and slouched on the sofa, clawing for the TV remote from my position. I eventually got it in my grasp and pulled it towards me before hitting a button and turning the TV on.

"The fugitive from Cherryton Prison still remains at large," The news reporter announced. "The public are strongly advised to report this individual to law enforcement as soon as possible as he poses a significant risk to the herbivores of Cherryton."

"Really?" I asked a little too loudly.

"It's just because I have something on my record that makes me a risk." Riz said from beside me. I jumped as I realised he was sat right next to me.

"What?" I asked.

"I ate a herbivore a while ago," He replied. "Don't worry though, I won't do it again."

"How can I be sure?" I asked.

"Again, I've changed." He replied.

I kept thinking about what Simon had said to me. I didn't want Legoshi to get angry at me or anything, so I had to do something about Riz. I knew exactly what to do. I was going to get him an apartment, get him out of our house then be done with it.

"Okay, let's change the subject," I said. "You know you have nowhere to stay other than here?"

"Yeah," He replied. "What of it?"

"I was thinking of.. you know.. getting you a place." I offered.

"Really?" He asked. "You'd do that for me?"

"Yeah," I replied. "Where were you thinking of staying?"

"The beast Apartments look like a good start," He suggested. "Are you sure you could afford to buy one?"

"Of course I can." I said.

In Zootopia, I had quite an income, which meant I had a lot of money in my bank account. Whether my card would work here or not is one problem, and if it doesn't then I'll have to find another way to get money, but I'm hopeful.